Men: Are you circumcised?  

590 members have voted

1. 1. Men: Are you circumcised?

• Yes, at birth.
    • No, I'm uncut!
    • Yes, got circumcised as an adult.

Survey time!

1) Men: Are you circumcised, or not?

2) Women: Do you prefer circumcised men, or men who aren't circumcised?

I'm a "roundhead."

My three sons are "cavaliers."

I thought it an unneccessary procedure- and that perhaps, it may reduce their sensitivity. So when they were born- we said no to circumcision..

Because I am used to a circumcised penis, one that is not is just strange to me. I guess you always prefer what you are used to. That is not saying I wouldn't be with someone that isn't circumcised and in fact I have before.

Because the majority of people have circumsized their sons over the past 40 or 50 years, your son feels different. In the teen years this can be devastating to a young boy. Everyone knows kids are the cruelest.

We decided to have our son circumsized because of this and because the doctor recommended it.

Cleaning it and taking care of it was no problem at all.

I'm circumsized. I had one of my sons done at birth, but the other two boys were born very premature (actually 2 or the triplets) and due to health was unable to be done. However, due to recurrent problems, even though we washed and cleaned them properly, we had both boys circumsized back in April. Only one was having problems but didn't want any issues later about them being different from one another.

Anyway all done now.

I was a backpacker for years in very remote and primitive areas where sanitation was poor and there was not water or facilities for regular showers or baths. I was concerned about that if our son ever traveled or found himself living in such countries. Infections are common in general and medical care is poor. So, sanitation was the primary driver for circumcision.

My father and I had the same reason for not having our sons circumcised at birth. We had no right to make this irreversable decision for them. If they want to be circumcised, they can have it done when they are willing to pay the medical costs.

I've traveled to places with poor hygiene, worked in extreme conditions, and have never had an infection, nor have my sons. Keeping clean is easy.

There are advantages to having a foreskin. I use mine to make entering a woman easier.

Native Americans never had a circumcision culture. In fact, that's one of the weird things Europeans brought over here.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The suggestion that they pay for the medical procedure on their own made me giggle. Will they also be refunding you for the diapers used in their infancy? lol

It isn't the money, Darling. If my boys want to be circumcised badly enough, they should be willing pay for it. I just feel the decision is not mine to make. It isn't my penis.

I am opposed to the religious-based practice enough to refuse to pay for it. That would be accepting justification of the weak excuses for circumcision.

The diapers were for our benefit, not theirs. At the time, they would have been happy pooping when they needed to with no regard to where they were. That would have been inconvenient without diapers. :)

They have had no problems in gym class. Of course, both are pretty good-sized guys, linemen on their football teams. Although they get along well with other people and have never been in a fight, most guys don't have the guts to ridicule them.

The fact is, they tell me, the guys who have mentioned their natural state have been envious, not derisive.

Guest everlast

I'd have to say one's culture is a big factor here, as far as I know all the males in our family lineage are/were circumcised. So although I don't have any kids yet, it would seem to me that if I didn't have them circumcised, I would be going against our heritage and culture somehow.

Being a nurse, and knowing what I know about guys peeing in general, makes me say "eewwww" to foreskin, and all the gunk growing underneath it.

Guys always dribble a bit after they pee. This pee just sits in there 'stewing' till they take a shower the next day, but is occasionally refreshed by the next pee. Now multiply this times 7 or 8 (the number of times they pee before the next shower). I find this thought very, ah.... unsavory.

Now how many times are you gonna be with an uncircumcised male who hasn't peed at least once before you have intercourse. We go to swinger clubs, and there's always about a hour to two hour of 'dead air' time before anyone gets busy, time spent chatting, drinking, and peeing. You know he's not in there washing every time...and even if he is...he still dribbles a bit.

I would have to vote for circumcised all the way...

This reminds me of a nursing home I worked in where an elderly gentleman who was very mentally debilitated needed cleaning. The nurse caring for him pulled back his very tight foreskin and it cut off blood flow--in or out-- ended up getting engorged and she was unable to get it back down (the foreskin). He had to go to the hospital and have them do it. Which brings up another issue--if you don't stretch that foreskin frequently by pulling it back-alot-it constricts and shrinks to the point where you CANT pull it back. And how clean do you think it is after that??? I've seen too many uncircumcised babies with foreskin so tight they couldn't tolerate it being pulled back AT ALL. A problem that was only to get more exaggerated with time.

Ok, that's about twenty-five cents worth (I ramble), but I feel better.

LOL

Some may say to cut a male is uncivilized, but then you could argue that shaving is also. But you don't see women growing the hair on their legs and under their arms. And for those that do go "all natural" it is a turn off for most. I think of the circumsized male as the same. It is a turn off to me personally. Just my opinion!

Originally posted by Blacklightphantasy

Being a nurse, and knowing what I know about guys peeing in general, makes me say "eewwww" to foreskin, and all the gunk growing underneath it.

Guys always dribble a bit after they pee. This pee just sits in there 'stewing' till they take a shower the next day, but is occasionally refreshed by the next pee. Now multiply this times 7 or 8 (the number of times they pee before the next shower). I find this thought very, ah.... unsavory.

Now how many times are you gonna be with an uncircumcised male who hasn't peed at least once before you have intercourse. We go to swinger clubs, and there's always about a hour to two hour of 'dead air' time before anyone gets busy, time spent chatting, drinking, and peeing. You know he's not in there washing every time...and even if he is...he still dribbles a bit.

I would have to vote for circumcised all the way...

This reminds me of a nursing home I worked in where an elderly gentleman who was very mentally debilitated needed cleaning. The nurse caring for him pulled back his very tight foreskin and it cut off blood flow--in or out-- ended up getting engorged and she was unable to get it back down (the foreskin). He had to go to the hospital and have them do it. Which brings up another issue--if you don't stretch that foreskin frequently by pulling it back-alot-it constricts and shrinks to the point where you CANT pull it back. And how clean do you think it is after that??? I've seen too many uncircumcised babies with foreskin so tight they couldn't tolerate it being pulled back AT ALL. A problem that was only to get more exaggerated with time.

Ok, that's about twenty-five cents worth (I ramble), but I feel better.

LOL

Well, gee, Blacklightfantasy!

I've never been aware of any of these things happening. Neither mine nor my sons' foreskins cover the glans completely. Pee never gets under there. If it is not cleaned for several days, for instance during combat duty, smegma does appear under the foreskin but rinses off easily with water from a canteen.

We don't go to clubs and don't have sex with strangers, which I, personally, find "yucky," but if we did, I would stop by the men's room both to pee and have a quick wash around and under the foreskin before going to play. My guess is that women have a similar situation with "dribbling" and pee ends up drying on the labia and in the pubic hair, if any. Most women I've known go to pee before having sex.

Although I have sympathy for the elderly gentleman and the nurse who cared for him, and I certainly have limited experience with foreskins, I've never personally known of a foreskin so tight as to cause a problem. Certainly ours aren't. I can imagine that such a foreskin would be much like a too-small cock ring that couldn't be removed. (Hey, Quin, remember those posts?? HeeHeeHee.)

In such extreme cases, circumcision would be a good idea, I think, but to do it because everybody else does. and to do it "just in case" is poor medical practice indeed. And to decide to do it for a person who is too young to make the decision about his own body is not something I'd personally condone.

Also, if I were a woman and couldn't trust a man to be clean, I don't think I'd trust him enough to have sex with him. Come to think of it, if I couldn't trust a woman to be clean, I'd feel the same way.

Understandably, you have issues with people having opinions other than yours, especially since you are uncircumcised--I can respect that.

For the record-I pat myself completely dry, and do not dribble afterwards. Also, I pee after sex to rinse out the urethra.

And, lastly, you are certainly the exception in the case where the foreskin doesn't cover the glans, not the rule. And I've seen enough of em to know what the heck I'm talking about.

You needn't be so DEFENSIVE, and with an attitude too....geez.

I don't intend for my OPINION to matter to anyone, just thought I'd share MY point of view, would that be ok?? I just happen to know a thing or two about some things.

You have the standpoint you have for a reason, as do I.

Originally posted by Blacklightphantasy

You neednt be so DEFENSIVE, and with an attitude too....geeze.

You have the standpoint you have for a reason, as do I.

I wasn't aware I "have issues with" [people who disagree with me]. I've posted on this forum for some time and have not had anyone make a similar observation. Hell, I didn't even get upset when somebody called Barry Switzer an "idiot." That, it seems to me, shows some tolerance. :)

I use a single square of toilet paper, folded in fourths, to dry myself, mainly to keep my undies clean. Does anybody else have any personal hygiene suggestions on this subject? I'm always willing to learn.

I'll take your word that you have seen a lot more penises than I, which is why I qualified my thoughts with, "I am unaware" and the like. I'm sure you know what you are talking about.

It is nice to be an exception. I don't usually care to be one of the crowd.

I'm not sure who is being defensive here and was unaware that I have an attitude. This board is all about having one's own opinion. It is my assumption that we both may have ours.

Blacklightphantasy,

I can certainly see your side. But, as a nurse, whether it be in a hospital, long term care facility or an office, I would have to think that you are seeing the extreme cases, therefore clouding the overall majority of males who are uncirmumsized. (I have no medical background so this is only my theory.)

Generally in medical situations you only see those that have a problem that needs to be addressed. Not a healthy person that just drops in to say "Hey, I was in the neighborhood...thought you might want to check out my healthy body."

I personally find the thought of an uncirumsized male as being very erotic. I don't know why, I just do. I suppose it is the similar to lusting after that cute little rag top that you know you will probably never get to drive, much less own.

I also do not understand the urination issue. As a female when I use the bathroom, I do cleanse myself in the appropriate way, but without doubt there is going to be some sort of bacteria left behind regardless of how well I wiped. How is this any different from a male who shakes the thing, (cut or uncut) and puts it back in the pocket? Seems to me that more air born bacteria will come from utilizing a tissue that has been exposed to who knows what would be more of an issue in regards to bacteria. If you compound that with the fact that most females are not shaved, I would have to think the pubic hair retains quite a bit of not only urination but whatever bacterial things that loom on the tissue.

Like I said, I am no medical expert, but I do not see the problems you stated as being in the majority.

Lori

Guest everlast

Alura,

I've never really thought about this subject until this thread but I'm curious as to why you think it's such a great thing to have foreskin? It seems that the little snip at birth saves us from a lifetime of the extra time and effort required to care for a little piece of excess skin.

Originally posted by everlast

Alura,

I've never really thought about this subject until this thread but I'm curious as to why you think it's such a great thing to have foreskin? It seems that the little snip at birth saves us from a lifetime of the extra time and effort required to care for a little piece of excess skin.

Good question, everlast!

It's not that I think it's such a great thing. A penis is a really personal thing. I'd like to make the decisions about mine and defend my sons' rights to decide about theirs.

It's not just a little snip. I watched my twin brothers' "little snip at birth" heal when I was twelve. It was pretty gruesome. They were in a lot of pain for a week or so.

It takes no extra effort to clean it. In the shower, it gets soaped like everything else, the foreskin pulled back and rinsed inside and out. I can't imagine that its absence would save any time at all.

Now that I think of it, the fact that Lori, my wife, and a few other women find a foreskin erotic and love to stick their tongues under it is surely reason enough to have one. ;) I guess I do think it's great to be natural.

Originally posted by Alura

It's not just a little snip. I watched my twin brothers' "little snip at birth" heal when I was twelve. It was pretty gruesome. They were in a lot of pain for a week or so.

I only have had the experience of taking care of a recently cirumcised penis and that was 26 years ago.

When my son was born, the nurse came to my room and asked me to sign a waiver giving the right to have him circumcised. I truly did not know what it meant, but my mother in law quickly spoke up and said yes that I needed to have it done. I agreed, signed it and a few hours later they brought him back to me with a nurse to explain the care during the healing process.

I remember though that as content as he had been beforehand, a pretty calm baby, he seemed more iritable. Since a baby can't tell you what ails them, I have no idea if it did or did not cause him pain. The healing process was about week and his penis looked angry and swollen during this time.

I do think though that had he been my second born and not my first, I'd have had more experience and knowledge and would have probably not had it done, allowing him to make his own decision later in life.

I agree with Alura that your body is a personal thing and should not be placed in the judgement and hands of others unless it is a medical issue in which a child cannot make an informed decision. To the best of my knowledge circumcision is not performed for medical but cosmetic reasons.

Lori

Agree totally My Alura, IF IT AIN'T BROKE...

I faced a lot of opposition about the fact I was against it even thought the AMA refutes any reason to do it there is a lot of pressure to circumcise...actually a lot of money is gained by circumcising foreskins are used to grow tissue for burn victims. However I think I preferred it better on the body where NATURE put it. I was lucky in the fact that I had European parents who stood behind me and encouraged me to not back down..I faced the same opposition for breast feeding al 3 of my children as well. It all comes down to a lot of money for the manufacturers..which I refuse to give them...LOL

An

Originally posted by everlast

It seems that the little snip at birth saves us from a lifetime of the extra time and effort required to care for a little piece of excess skin.

I fail to see how the cleansing of an uncut penis would take any more time than what the average female needs to spend practicing good hygiene. After all the majority of women are born with a little extra skin and far more nooks and crannies. I think I would be very upset had my extra skin been taken away for the sake of easier care. ;)

Lori

Guest everlast

I suppose in the end it's a very personal issue that every family has to decide at some time (if they have a son). It's always been my understanding that the main reason for circumcision is sanitary. I really don't know how long this has been a recommended practice but it seems as though it's been a good long time. If after all this time they've (the medical community) never come up with any reasons not to, and still believe it to be more sanitary I don't see why one wouldn't choose circumcision.

As for having it done later in life... I can honestly say I've never in my life thought "gee, I wonder what it would be like to have foreskin" so I certainly don't miss it. But if I did have it, I don't know about you all, but I know I wouldn't have the .....guts... to partake in that venture now. I guess I just kind of veiw myself as being lucky that I had it done at a time where didn't know any better anyway.

I was not circumsized at birth and kept my foreskin until I had the procedure done at age 40. I was the only male to not have it done at birth in my family. In my case the foreskin was always tight. If i tried to pull it back dry it hurt. It was ok when I washed because it was wet and soapy and I had no problem in those cases. When I had sex it would actually get some small tears around the tip..sort of like stretch marks if I was to rough. There is no medical reason or hyginenic reason for the procedure and usually the foreskin is not as tight as mine. I have to say I did not lose any sensisitivity at all on the head but did lose that really sensistive spot right below the base of the head..that is totally numb now. It does not make that much of a difference tho. I would recommend it not being done at birth and if, and when, there is a problem have it done then.

Hey austxmark,

I am curious about a few things here. Was the sensitivity lost after you had the procedure done or before? I am also curious to know since you stated that there is no medical reason for the procedure to be done, did your insurance cover it? And since you experienced problems later in life, why do you still recommend that it not be done until a probem arises?

Lori

I was reading comments about being cut. I have a doctor that refuses unless medically needed to do the procedure. He says that you lose sensitivity when this procedure is done and that if you are experiencing problems in the sex act to use both a condom and lube. I understand your concerns about it, I myself am large and uncut. I have a lot of pain without both being used. Talk to your doctor, his advice is a valid point. I have a friend that had the procedure done a couple of years ago and he claims he has a problem being too sensitive. I really don't know more than that.

I am uncut - and only because I was born in Germany. My brothers were born in the States and they are cut. Looks like our parents went with the local custom. :) I have always been against circumcision. Hence, our son is also uncut. It's an unnecessary procedure.

Personally, I've never had a problem with cleanliness. I echo what someone else has already stated: How can any woman think her vagina is any cleaner than a man’s penis, simply because he is not circumcised? If you have bad personal hygiene you have bad personal hygiene - period.

Foreskin or no foreskin. We are teaching our son how to properly clean his penis.

Blacklightphantasy states:

What do you women do after you pee? Just because you wipe does not make you any cleaner. You don’t dribble? Your ignorance astonishes me. And for the record: I always wash my penis after I pee when engaged in sexual activity - be it with my wife or someone that we are playing with. Of course I can’t say that about some of the women we’ve been with. :(

Well Lori, to address your questions:

"I am curious about a few things here. Was the sensitivity lost after you had the procedure done or before? "

It was lost after the procedure.

"I am also curious to know since you stated that there is no medical reason for the procedure to be done, did your insurance cover it?"

I did not state that there was no medical reason for it to be done in my case, I said no medical reason in general. I had it done because of the tearing I mentioned. And yes my insurance paid for it.

"And since you experienced problems later in life, why do you still recommend that it not be done until a problem arises?"

Just because I had a problem does not mean that most others, or even a significant percentage of others, will. If I had had no problems, I would have preferred to be uncut. The foreskin is sensitive and I was able to achieve orgasm by playing with just that and nothing else. It was by far the most sensitive area for me.

Hope that addresses it all. The long and short is if a guy wants it done let him do it. Why subject a baby to it. I mean would you subject every child to removal of their appendix to avoid a problem in the future? Way more people have problems with the appendix then guys do with their foreskin.

I think that it is unnecessary surgery. Why do you want to expose your child to potential infection- in a very bad location? What happens when the surgeon "slips?" It does happen:( It serves no purpose. My 3 boys all take great care in making sure that they keep their penis clean. If nature didn't want a foreskin, it wouldn't be there.

Well, I'm quite sure that my small, but rapidly growing throng of fans are waiting breathlessly to get my take on this subject, so here goes.... :rolleyes:

I was circumcised at birth. So far as I know, every male in my family on my dad's side was cut at birth, and my brother and I were no different. I wasn't consulted, even though I'm sure I was quite the opinionated and wise newborn. :lol: At times, I've wondered what it would be like if I hadn't been cut (as far as sensitivity goes), but it's sort of like that old 7Up commercial: "Never had it, never will! Ah Ha Ha Ha". Since I never really had one, I don't miss it. I would like to reassure everyone (as I'm sure you are all QUITE concerned about this!) that "Big Sam" functions quite well, I am quite satisfied with my sensation level, and well...to be honest...I just have one damn attractive penis! :lol:

When my son was born, however, I was leaning strongly towards not circumcising him, for many of the reasons that people have mentioned in previous posts. He was not circumcised at the hospital when he was born, but a couple of weeks later in the doctor's office after we'd weighed all the pros and cons. These are the things that we considered that helped us to decide in favor of subjecting young Numbnuts (a term of affection, I assure you) to the "Unkindest Cut"...

** Someone brought up the point that when he got older, Orion would question why his penis looked different than mine.

** One of my brothers in law wasn't circumcised and he had horror stories of puberty and some of the pain he went through until he actually TORE his foreskin a little in order to be able to pull it completely back.

** Mari said she, as a woman, preferred the looks of a circumcised penis.

** What's good for me is good enough for him! ::P:

** Tradition

All those, taken individually, are pretty weak arguments advocating circumcision, we realize that. However, ALL of them together along with this final fact, were convincing enough in our opinion...

** His pediatrician examined him, and in his opinion, my son's foreskin was a bit tight and he said that there was a good chance that he'd have problems later on in life. We came to the conclusion that having it done when he was 2 weeks old and while he wouldn't remember it was much more in his best interest than having to have it done 10 years down the line when it could be a very traumatizing event in his life.

Bottom line...SNIP!

Concerning the whole "risk of infection" thing... We were pretty fastidious about keeping his penis clean before he got circumcised, so keeping it clean while it healed was no more a "hassle" than before. Maybe we just got lucky, but there was no major swelling or problems of any kind. Yes, he was cranky for a week or two, but that ended as it began to heal. The risk of infection, IMHO, is really not a good reason to not have the procedure done. Hell, you are at a risk of infection by walking barefoot on your lawn if you should step on something and cut yourself.

One final observation... Reading through all the posts, I picked up on something that I think is causing some of the heat in this debate. Something to understand about men is that we are pretty damn protective and defensive about our genitalia. Some of us even go so far as to name them (HEY! STOP LAUGHING OR ELSE BIG SAM AND THE TWINS WILL GET THEIR FEELINGS HURT! :lol: ). I think that by listing the pros and cons either way, some guys may take this as a personal attack on "their boys" and may be firing back in kind, defending themselves. In my opinion, ALL penises are ugly (well, except for MINE, of course! :D ). Thank god that most of you ladies feel differently, or at least are able to get past this fact. I know that Mari is actually happy there is a variety out there. She likes playing with both the Original (uncut) Version 1.0 and the improved, Upgraded (circumcised) Version 2.0 penis, so it's all good! :rofl:

Cheers!

~Mike

(with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

I made my education before I had the Net and while I was presented with all the "Valid" reasons for doing it I refused due to having seen a video as a teenager and thinking how barbaric it was. My son has no problem and the "tightness" issue doctors talk abut is usually due to the fusion of the foreskin to the glans a natural separation occurs over the next few YEARS til the two are free moving forcing a foreskin back (which is common amongst people who don't know better in the USA) only complicates the separation as you create scar tissue.

An

Originally posted by Alura

Native Americans never had a circumcision culture. In fact, that's one of the weird things Europeans brought over here.

Are You sure this circumcision culture is coming from Europe Mr. Alura? I am not circumcised just because a majority of French people are not. In fact Jews and Muslims are but French are not. I don't know for others culture but I assume that Germans are not either. I am curious to know about any other European countries?

Have a nice day.

Well, I have to say, "I don't know," on this one, Jean-Claude. Maybe it started with the European Emigrants who came here after they arrived. It didn't start with the Native Americans. Probably somebody said, "It's healthier to be butchered," and started a trend. I actually heard a lady who claims to be an expert (X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure) say this on TV recently but I've also heard there is no real difference if you keep the area under the foreskin clean. I do and have never had any problems so I'll go with not cutting on penises.

I really don't think that I can see myself being with a man who is uncircumcised. Maybe it's because I have never seen it first hand, I don't know. I don't think that I would know what to do with it. :(

LOL! I have had all three of my boys done, really didn't want to with the first one because I didn't want to hurt him, but the doctor talked my into it. I can't remember the exact reason...I think it was something about problems as he gets older and that he would have to have it removed then anyway.

Roxy- (Who is a little intimidated by the purple headed warrior and the fire helmet)

Originally posted by Roxysbayou

I really don't think that I can see myself being with a man who is uncircumsized. Maybe it's because I have never seen it first hand, I don't know.

I am on the opposite side here. I find the thought of an uncircumcised penis as being very erotic. Perhaps because I think that it is more natural and the way it was intended to be. I feel the same way about female implants. I have a hard time understanding why people alter natures gifts without a medical need. And I don't think an infant should have that choice taken away from him, just because it is a cultural belief of his parents.

I am the total opposite. I am saving my pennies for some new boobs. They definitely need to be fixed in my opinion, Especially after 3 kids. I have no problem with that.

Maybe if I ever encountered an uncircumsized penis I would change my mind. I find it strange that in all of the men that I have seen, they have all been circumsized. mAybe I should read up on it a bit.

Without meaning to sound defamatory, this is honestly a social comment, I thought circumcision was a Catholic (or Christian) thing, and the reason for the so-called "circumcision culture" in North America was the disability (in the beginning) of the separation of church from state and the state holding power. i.e. if you were cut, you were included and hence not part of the "other" group. Sort of like a hiding out.

Oh, and Mr. ArcaneReference (cut) aside, the best lover and the greatest love of my life was uncut. So, no preference really, I guess like that old song, it ain' t the meat, it's the motion.

And one more for the record, I am also buying boobs, not because I had had kids (none) but because I want to have 'em.

Originally posted by ArcaneReference

Without meaning to sound defamatory, this is honestly a social comment, I thought circumcision was a Catholic (or Christian) thing

It's a common mistake done by US people. Catholic's reference is the Bible (we are not the only ones in this case)... the Bible is the story of the Jews people and JC's story. Jews are cut BUT Catholics are not!

I assume that in the beginning of the creation of the United States of America a great number of Jews went to establish themselves in this new found land in order to create a "new Jerusalem" the one they were dreaming about before that Israel was created. This could explain the deep connection between Israel and America.

Anyways the fact Jews are cut while Catholics aren't was a way for the Nazis to investigate if someone pretending he is not Jewish was saying truth or lying.

Besides after watching at the Penis Origamis, how can You imagine that Mr. Eiffel had the idea to create the Tower? If he was cut then the Eiffel Tower would not stand up in France :lol:

Hugs and kisses

Guest fsuguy69
Without meaning to sound defamatory, this is honestly a social comment, I thought circumcision was a Catholic (or Christian) thing, and the reason for the so-called "circumcision culture" in North America was the disability (in the beginning) of the separation of church from state and the state holding power. i.e. if you were cut, you were included and hence not part of the "other" group. Sort of like a hiding out.

Oh, thanks for your reply Uneed_Love clearing that up. I was confused for a little bit there... I am Catholic and not cut and neither is anyone else I know...I was wondering what was up..lol

Guest fsuguy69
It can be for some men whose foreskins are especially tight, making retracting it more difficult, or even painful (surely such men are candidates for the surgeon's snipper!).

True. I didn't think about that. Just speaking for myself then. :)

I have read info over the years on circumsion but I will not get into links and go over what I read and stuff for this post.

I will just go off of memory and tell you what I think.

80% of the men in the world is not circumsized. I have heard that most men from other countries think it is funny that americans think it is so dirty not to be cut.

One doctor found a number of ridged bands in the forskin that are as sensitive as finger tips, he called them stretch receptors and there is nothing like it anywhere else on the human body.

Another doctor said that the forskin coresponds to women's clitoral hood and labia minora. Cuting a male is like cutting this part of a woman off.

One man who was circumsized as an adult said that having sex before being cut is like seeing in color and sex after is like seeing in black and white

The AAP says that their is valid medical reason for routine circumsion

The foreskin has ten known functions

The glans is not skin but is like the inside of your mouth

The AAP says there are as many complications with circumsised penises as there are with un cut penises. The ones with cut penises are worse but the ones not cut can often be solved by circumsision or other less drastic means.

Their is a law in the US that you cannot alter a females genitals in any way no matter what religion, or reason. She cannot even decide to have it done herself till she is 18.

Do I think that being uncut is better than being cut?

I will never know, when I was born I was clamped down crying and screaming while the doctor cut part of my penis off.

What a great idea to have a young males first sexual experience be one of pain and loss. Let's make sex and violence go together in a childs mind at a young age shall we.

Hmmmm... I am not saying that I agree or disagree, but how many men actually remember being circumsized as a child? Not many I am sure. And of the men that are, I doubt that they all carry psychological scars because of it. Ludacris.

Originally posted by Bob123

The AAP says that there is no valid medical reason for routine circumcision

IMHO it's more a cultural reason than a medical reason BUT the possibly main reason for the doctors to practice this act massively is MONEY. I suppose they gain money every time they cut a penis... If they would not be paid for this I assume that all males in the USA would be uncircumcised!

I was born and raised a catholic and I remember no one in my grade school or high school that was uncircumcised.

The only guys I saw uncircumcised were at summer camps and it really shocked me.

I do believe however that babies are just as susceptible to pain and adults. Memory is something that actually is subject to debate concerning what one does and does not remember as an infant.

A study was done whereby pre-verbal children were given a toy to play with. They were given the same toy after they learned to speak and they reverted to talking babble when they saw it. The conclusion was that they remembered but could not say so.

Personally, even though both of my sons were circumcised I guess if i had to do it over again I would not subject them to it. There is no way it isn't painful, and I wonder, do they even use an anesthetic?

The hygiene aspect is irrelevant because if you don't clean yourself your gonna get dirty no matter what part of the body you are talking about.

The sensitivity issue is one that I cannot attest to because someone cut my foreskin off before I even had sex, lol. But I wonder if it makes a difference as you get older and naturally lose some sensitivity.

Now past partners have said they would never have sex with an uncircumcised guy, but that shouldn't really be an issue because there are so very many reasons anyhow why someone wouldn't have sex with someone and there are certainly gals that would do it just because it is uncircumcised also, so this must balance itself out anyhow, sort of like the size issue.

I declare that I have added nothing substantial to this thread but I wish I had my foreskin for a day just to know the difference.

A point that does not seem to have been mentioned thus far:

If men were biologically, genetically and evolutionarily intended to be without foreskins, then they would be born without foreskins.

For the first part of my young life I never knew that my penis was any different than anybody elses. I was in my early teens before I even realized that I had ever been cut.

If no one would have ever told you or you never heard of one that was uncut, you would not be running around talking about how it has scarred you psychologically. It would just have been a normal thing.

My reason for not having allowed my sons to be circumcised is the same as my father's: The penises in question were not mine. I had no right to allow them to be cut without their approval. If they should ever develop a problem that might be solved by circumcision (neither has so far) they will make the decision themselves. I will offer no input.

If the Great Spirit should ever decide people should be circumcised, I feel quite certain they will start to be born that way.

a person can choose to be circumcised whenever. A person who is circumcised cannot chose to be uncircumcised. Please let your children make the choice for themselves.