PDA

View Full Version : Swinging is supposed to be fun, why are you all so serious?

bisexualbritni
06-16-2001, 06:18 PM
Keep in mind people, this is all supposed ot be very light hearted, adult, sexual fun.

I am only 18 years old and fairly new to swinging and I just LOVE it. I cannot believe more people do not swing. How can something this fun, be wrong?

Relax people, and lets start having some fun and arranging some get togethers.

Britni

------------------

lycioos
06-17-2001, 04:10 PM
Hey youngin. We are adults in the real world who live real lives, have marriages, kids, real jobs ect... As much as we wish it was, life is not one great big party. We respect each other and need to respect the loved ones in our lives, In the real world, there are aches, pains, stds, heartaches. We try to have as much fun as we can, but we need to be responsible adults FIRST.
Ps. are you even married at such a young age of 18? If not you are not a swinger, but someone who has sex with other people on a regular basis.

[This message has been edited by lycioos (edited 06-17-2001).]

JustAskJulie
06-17-2001, 05:37 PM
lycious,
Now you are starting a whole new debate.. are singles really swingers or just lucky?

I personally think it has to do with the attitude. And I think there are plenty of "couples" out there that are created soley for swinging that I don't really consider swingers.. they aren't there for each other and to fulfill each others fantasies.. just there (for each other) so they can get into parties and have sex with others.

If you are in this with the right motivations and attitude then I say you are a swinger.. but that's just my opinion.

As long as there are couples wanting to swing with singles.. then singles can be swingers too.

Julie http://www.swingersboard.com

CyberMWCouple
06-17-2001, 06:11 PM
If a single person, (man or woman) is a swinger, then why are they referred to as a 'Single person'? Hummm? If they were swingers, then why would all the Ad sites and category listings on all the websites from all over the world refer to them as 'singles'?

I still say that if you are not actually MARRIED to each other, then you are a single that plays WITH swingers. You might even go so far as to call yourself a 'Swinging Single'. That describes it pretty well.

Husband of CyberMWCouple

LIZA
06-17-2001, 07:39 PM
I don't think you have to be married to be considered a "swinger"
Although swapping partners is one aspect of swinging, the partys, clubs where there is an atmosphere of sexual freedom........well that can be enjoyed by anyone, married, attached or single (unless of course you are a single man, in which case they probably wont let you in!)
But it sounds like what you are saying is if a person is married and does this they are swinger, otherwise they are just promiscuous?

MiCpl
06-17-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by CyberMWCouple:
I still say that if you are not actually MARRIED to each other, then you are a single that plays WITH swingers. You might even go so far as to call yourself a 'Swinging Single'. That describes it pretty well.

Where does this leave non married couples?

MiCpl
06-17-2001, 11:06 PM
We swing with both couples and singles and while yes we'd say that couples are swingers we'd say that most of the singles are too. Ok, now if we pick up a guy at a bar and this isn't something he's normally into.. then no he's not a swinger. But if we meet a guy who has been involved in this lifestyle and understands how it works and understands that it's about more than just gratifying HIS sexual desires and fantasies.. then YES he is a swinger, same thing for a female. Swinging is about exploring and satisfying fantasies.. as long as you are doing that you are a swinger.

And hell even if you are just a promiscoius single person.. wouldn't you still fall into the Austin Powers definition of "Swinger" Baby Yeah...

S&J

lycioos
06-18-2001, 05:12 PM
I guess I did start a bit of a discussion about swinging when single and when not. I think the point I was trying to get across was the fact that the 18 year old was lecturing us on "relax people, this is suppose to be fun." My point is why else are we here, however, I was trying to convey the fact that she couldn't possible understand us due to the difference in responsibitie when married, vs single. We can't always "just relax." We have marriages to work at, jobs to keep, bills to pay and in alot of cases kids to care for. Married swingers are very very different than singles. I couldn't understand her way of life and ability to come and go as she pleases, and lack of responsibility any more than she could understand the responsibility of parenthood and marriage.

[This message has been edited by lycioos (edited 06-18-2001).]

JustAskJulie
06-18-2001, 06:36 PM
Which leads to yet another topic.

How do you pick your swing partners?

I can definately see why couples without kids usually swing with couples without kids and couples with kids try to find other couples with kids.. cuz they understand each other better. If my hubby and I swing with a couple with kids we are clueless as to their plight of daycare, etc and we aren't really interested in hearing Little Susie's latest accomplishment. Plus people with kids have harder to schedules to fit swinging into usually (not to say that those of us without kids have it any easier at times.. but it's different). And as you said, most singles don't understand the added pressures of being a couple (married or not) and the responsibilities that go along with it, MUCH LESS the responsibilities that go along with having kids.

I totally agree that we are all here to have fun... but there are serious issues to be looked at... and that's what this site (particularly this message board) and sites like it are here for.

CyberMWCouple
06-18-2001, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JustAskJulie:
Which leads to yet another topic.

How do you pick your swing partners?

Our children are all grown and out on their own, so it really doesn't matter with us whether our playmates have children or not. Either way, "we've been there and done that", so we understand where our partners with children are cummin' from, and are familiar with the responsibilities that are involved as well. http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/smile.gif

In fact, so far, everyone we've "gotten together" with, all have children. And one out of these couples we know, their children don't live at home, so that makes it a little "extra" nice during get togethers. http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif The only down fall with this relationship, is they live too far from us, but that's another story/subject. http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif *lol*

We did have our share of another couple using their baby for an excuse "why they couldn't meet with us", yada yada yada....After hearing only so many excuses and being avoided when trying to "follow-up" with them, we just said "Adios", and moved on with our search. Oh well, their loss! http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/wink.gif

Wife of CyberMWCouple

bisexualbritni
06-19-2001, 06:00 AM
This is exactely what I was talking about. I was not mkaing any reference whatsoever to individuals or their lifestyles. I was merely saying that people need to relax and enjoy whatever they can get. Attacking me about my lack of age and expierence is exactely what I referring to.

In the last 5 posts or so, people have accused me of not even being a swinger. I find that funny. A true swinger is a mental state, not a physical act. Its the mere openess to normally off limits sexual adventures.

Lycois and whoever else, relax and enjoy whatever you can. Kids, no kids? Jobs, no jobs? Makes no dif. My comment was merely that all the bickering done here is taking away from the time you could have spent finding suitable partners for fun that far surpasses posting negatives on this board.

Attack me as you will, but keep in mind. While your busy arguing here, I will be looking for the perfect people to have some realy fun sexual encounters with.

Britni

------------------

Alura
06-19-2001, 10:37 AM
It seems to us that all we know about Britni is that she's 18 and Bi. We don't know if she's married or not.

Now, that said, does someone have to be married to be a swinger? Does that person have to be over 18?

It reminds me of a phenomena with Porsche collecors. Some say that a water-cooled Porsche is not a "true Porsche." Therefore, because of this prejudice, my car, an "928S," which cost the origional owner some $70,000 and is capable of 160mph, came to me for $10,000. And you know what? It's more fun to drive than you can imagine. It will also leave most air-cooled "real" Porsches wondering what's wrong with their engines.

Britni's postings make me think she would be a hoot to "drive," and to my way of thinking, that makes her a "real swinger." Of course, in our case, she would need a man to "entertain" my wife.
Husband of Alura

CyberMWCouple
06-19-2001, 11:54 AM
*Reviewed from the Swingers Dictionary*

SWINGING: An alternative lifestyle for consenting adults who enjoy social, recreational sexual activities with others, most often on a couple-to-couple basis, with full knowledge and mutual consent of both partners; single men and women are sometimes involved.

Therefore, I think they are ALL swingers (couples AND singles "involved"). http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/wink.gif

Besides, before the term "Swinging", people were just "fooling around" and enjoying sexual pleasures & FUN! Everyone "involved" were "fooling around". Just because it's called "Swinging" now, there's a DIFFerence?! http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif *lol*

Wife of CyberMWCouple http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by CyberMWCouple (edited 06-19-2001).]

CyberMWCouple
06-19-2001, 12:50 PM
Websters: swinger, a:a person who is sophisticated, ultra-fashionable, active, uninhibited, etc., especially in the pursuit of pleasure. b: either one of a couple that swings.

swingle a: an unmarried person who engages in casual sexual relations.

Although these are the actual meanings, many people choose instead to use words based on how they feel about something. This is something fundamental to civilized life to ME, but not to everyone. In many cases, as long as everyone understands what is being discussed, then it does not matter all that much. But then my PERSONAL take on this is, Why risk them knowing what you mean when you could just use the word correctly in the first place. Like I said, this is MY way of looking at it.

So.... if you want to call a single a swinger, then by all means, go right ahead. If you want to be exactly correct, then call them a swingle. Nobody should have any real objection either way.

And let me give my deepest apologies to my wife. In my zeal to be correct and understandable, I caused the very thing I was attempting to avoid. Mis-understanding. Love you babe.

Husband of CyberMWCouple

CyberMWCouple
06-19-2001, 01:07 PM
*BACK to the original Topic here....

Yes, this IS suppose to be fun! Whether you are a couple or a single... http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Wife of CyberMWCouple

JustAskJulie
06-19-2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by bisexualbritni:

Attack me as you will, but keep in mind. While your busy arguing here, I will be looking for the perfect people to have some realy fun sexual encounters with.
Britni

Actually most of what has gone on in these posts hasn't been directed at you at all, it's just been conversation about swinging topics... that's what this board is about. Discussing swinging topics, and that includes such things as "are singles really swingers" and "how do you choose your swinging partners". Pretty much any post on this board can and will result in other topics that's just the way it is.

LIZA
06-23-2001, 10:47 AM
Women DO get married and have babies by 18, believe me, I see it every day!

I think some of the posts putting down Britni a bit may just be sour grapes that she is so young and enjoying this lifestyle most of us did not get into until our late 20's or after!