Are you a Nudist?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Nudist?

• Yes, I am an avid nudist.
    • No, I am not a nudist.
    • I am more of a casual nudist.
    • EW! The whole idea of nudism grosses me out.

I was reading another thread and got to thinking about how many people we have met in the lifestyle that were also nudists. It made me wonder just how many people that swing also consider themselves nudists. So I thought it might make a good poll for the board.

Are you a nudist?

What are your thoughts on nudism?

I am absolutely not a nudist for various reasons, the most important being that I am allergic to the sun and can get sun burned at night in a full moon. Mrs. GT, on the other hand, is what I would call a casual nudist. If we are at a function that allows nudity she will often go topless but I don't think she would go to much effort to go to someplace just to hang out naked.

So what about you?

I joined AANR in 1986. I've been to quite a few clubs and beaches in the U.S. and several in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. About seven years ago, though, I had to go to a dermatologist for another reason, and in a short while I was convinced to keep the sun exposure to a minimum. She's of the opinion that a little sun exposure is healthy for the skin and the system, but being out in the sun unprotected, being out in the sun extensively mid-day, or any form of tanning are no-no's for healthy skin.

I have been to some nudist clubs since, but I use lots o' sunscreen, mostly stay in the shade or inside during the sunniest part of the day, and only hit the (unshaded) pool early in the morning or very late afternoon. Pretty much the same for visiting beaches -- nude or clothed.

So, my "social" nudism is way down because of that. I am still a nudist inside my house, though. From about May to October I frequently have my clothes off as soon as I walk in the door if I'm going to be in the house for more than a few minutes. I have to keep a pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the kitchen just in case someone knocks on the door and I don't have time to run upstairs and dress. Since I usually work at home, there have been numerous times where I have been unclothed at home for an entire day. A few of my otherwise vanilla friends are nudists but not swingers, so I am sometimes naked at their houses, and they are naked here.

But I miss being nude outside for extended periods of time. :sad:

At swing parties or clubs, I am not the first one naked, but if enough people are wandering about and the situation is right, I usually join in. Or I might run around in a towel or my boxers. ALWAYS nude in the hot tub, though, of course!

Am not a nudist. I really have no problem with people walking around nude, but I just prefer not to do it myself. My husband however loves to walk around nude.

Mrs. GT, on the other hand, is what I would call a casual nudist. If we are at a function that allows nudity she will often go topless...

And the world is a better place for this...

I am glad you posted this, because I was thinking about this myself. I am not a nudist - I don't even like being naked around the house for a prolonged period of time. That explains why I sleep naked, but have a drawer full of PJ's.

I don't really have a problem with nudists, but nudity to me is a very sexual thing. I'm the guy you don't want around your nudist camp, because I am not just looking at you in an "open and accepting way" ;) I don't see nudity as "the way God made us" - I see it as "hubba, hubba".

I suppose a true nudist would have to be rather unaffected by nudity - either that, or it is really just an excuse to leer at other folks naked - and if that is all it is, it really isn't much of a philosophy, IMHO.

Spoomonkey

Well Spoo tells me I'm a nudist because I like to be naked or as naked (temperature permitting) as I can when I am at home. I also would love to go to a nudist camp or beach just once to see if I would like it or not. It is one thing to be comfortable around your house naked but another to be at a nude beach or camp. I may find out that I don't like it outside of the comfort of my home and Spoo.

Mrs Spoomonkey

• Like 2

:) Yes we are for sure, and love it. We just joined a couple places this year here in Tennessee. It is great to feel the air flow through my balls and over my skin. I happened to get short-changed in the pecker department :lol: but must have got in line twice for balls. :confused: J. (she) had done it before, and I had only done it in very small crowds. I however didn't think twice when we got there the first time, kinda seemed natural to me. We also go around the house nude as long as weather permitting. Don't want those nuts freezing. :sad:

I don't really have a problem with nudists, but nudity to me is a very sexual thing. I'm the guy you don't want around your nudist camp, because I am not just looking at you in an "open and accepting way" ;) I don't see nudity as "the way God made us" - I see it as "hubba, hubba".

I'm with you there Spoo, I have been to events with nudists and am fine as long as they are not my type. But when I see a woman that I find sexually desirable walking around in the buff my natural urges kick in. I'm the guy with the bugged out eyes trying not to leer while walking funny to conceal my woody.

We have several good friends in the lifestyle though that seem to think that if you are a swinger it would naturally follow that you would automatically be a nudist. They just can't seem to understand that it just doesn't interest me and are constantly trying to get us to go to the nudist resort with them. I have no problem with them being into it, it just isn't for me. So that is why I posted this poll, it has gotten me curious.

There are very few bodies that I care to see nude.

Good point LM, in our limited experience at nudist type events I've noticed the same thing. :o

The toughest part about being a nudist is putting your clothes back on. :lol: We started out as nudist and graduated to swinging. Our favorite places to be are swinger friendly nudist resorts . Attention problems disappear after a short adjustment period. I was very worried also. For some reason most men don't rise, when nude, in situations that cause erections with clothes on. And when it does happen no one cares. Besides, at a swinger friendly resort, it's more something to be proud of rather than embarrassed about.

For me, the notion of becoming a nudist came hand-in-hand with the idea of exploring the lifestyle. We just thought that being comfortable with our own bodies was something of a prerequisite to becoming comfortable with others. As I recall, our first visit to a nude resort occurred just a few days after our first experience with another couple. (We got a message from them at the resort, and were surprised that they'd remembered our names and phone number)

I no longer belong to AANR, but I still go to nude resorts a few times a year. I'm fair-skinned, and don't need to lobster-ize my un-freckled ass. Besides, nude resorts tend to be somewhat like swing clubs, in that single males are quietly "tolerated" rather than being genuinely welcomed. Hence, I never go unless I'm with someone.

Even at the straight-laced nude campground closest to where I live, about a quarter of the members are "lifestyle friendly," although there is absolutely NO play permitted in public areas. If we want to know which "fourth" of the members are "the players," we either look for tatt's and piercings, or arrive by motorcycle and wait for them to find us.

On a whim, Mr Jeep and I decided to go to Hedo 2 a bit over a year ago-and have since joined the lifestyle, visited several nudist resorts in the US and Canada, and have been back to Hedo last month, and plan to go every November till we die !!

Now that we are "empty nesters" during the school year, at least, we love being nekkid when the Western NY weather allows us to keep our heat or fireplace turned up high enough...

When visiting 'nudist' places, it's sometimes difficult to remember that kids are running around us, and that any sexual touch is a :nono: - but we still enjoy the water and sunshine, and the fine company that nudism tends to draw near! There is no class-structure to nudism... no one cares if you usually wear designer clothing, or drive a Mercedes or have a 10 carat diamond ring (well, maybe a 10 carat... :lol: ) or make a million dollars a year. All bodies are basically the same - size and shape and color and religion are not all that important... you tend to look others in the eye when talking to them - something that is lacking in the textile world, IMHO...

V

Nope. Not a nudist. I love the feel of cotton. :)

There are very few bodies that I care to see nude.

LM

Ditto to that!

I am one of those few bodies that I care to see nude. :rollseye:

Well Spoo tells me I'm a nudist because I like to be naked or as naked (temperature permitting) as I can when I am at home. I also would love to go to a nudist camp or beach just once to see if I would like it or not. It is one thing to be comfortable around your house naked but another to be at a nude beach or camp. I may find out that I don't like it outside of the comfort of my home and Spoo.

Mrs Spoomonkey

You should definitely try it. Your post reminded me of my first time at a nudist club. I got there early, did the tour, etc. enjoyed myself and had a great time. That afternoon, or maybe early evening, I ran into a guy who wasn't nude (the club was clothing optional) and we started talking. During the conversation, he mentioned that he didn't know if he could get nude and that he would feel weird. He also asked me how long I'd been coming to nudist clubs, when I told him it was my first time, and then asked him if he felt weird being the only person with clothes on, he had a real strange look. Very embarrassed! The point is that if you go and relax, before you know it you'll be so comfortable that things will feel normal. And you'll have a great time.

For the person who mentioned being allergic to the sun. I'm very fair myself, and am under Dr.'s orders not to get sunburned. I work around it by using A LOT of sun screen, and staying in the shade. When I go in the pool I keep it short. In other words I deal with my limitations.

Put us in the casual nudist column. We've been to a couple nudist resorts in the US, and both the Hedo's in Jamaica. We hang out nekkid around the house when the kids aren't home too.

The whole thing about being nekkid is more about how you feel vs seeing others. It's really hard to describe hanging out nekkid for a week. Kind of a liberating, freeing and peaceful feeling. Jeez......I sound like a hippy now :rolleyes: And as driveajeepnaked inferred, without the class structure, it's becomes more about your personality when meeting people. No pretences up front.

Being nekkid at Hedonism is quite different though. The sexual atmosphere heightens the experience. Like drinking 3/2 beer then switching to the canadian stuff. They're both beer and taste the same......but one kind packs a powerful punch ;)

Brett

Guest Pinmonkey

I will walk around the house, or sit around the house nekkid, but I feel funny going outside without a shirt on. Outside I like to keep my manboobs covered.

You should definitely try it. Your post reminded me of my first time at a nudist club.

He also asked me how long I'd been coming to nudist clubs, when I told him it was my first time, and then asked him if he felt weird being the only person with clothes on, he had a real strange look. Very embarrassed!

Well I would definitely feel weirder (is that a word :lol: ) if I was the only one with clothes on then I would if I just got naked with everyone else. That's why I think I would like it. I don't get naked at our club unless we're in a room with someone because in the open areas you have mostly clothed people just wanting to look at everyone who gets naked :eek: But at a nudist place I figure it would be pretty easy to be naked.

Maybe some day. Of course Spoo isn't interested at all (if you read his post) in being a nudist or even trying it, so I'll probably remain a casual nudist in our home (he does enjoy that :D )

Mrs Spoomonkey

Ted is totally comfortable being nude...anywhere, anytime and has been forever.

Before kids came along he would walk into the house and undress. He never cared who happened to show up he rarely put on clothes once he was home. If the kids aren't in the house, he still walks around naked all the time...of course living close to family now, he will put on boxers if someone drops in.

Me...depending on where I'm at I have no problem with it. We've been to adult only clothing optional resorts and once I was appropriately soaked in sunscreen I never had a problem walking around outside nude...come to think of it, I don't really have a problem walking around nude anywhere :lol:....I think Ted has rubbed off on me over the years.

Teresa

We, as a family are nudists, husband and I started going to nudist resorts before marriage and enjoyed the atmosphere. All of our children have been with us at nudists resorts (Orient Beach St. Martin) and during the summer we have been going to a nudist camp/resort since they were born. So nudity is no big deal.

At first, yes you do get little excited when you first arrive, but after awhile it just happens to be normal. :lol: Never had to worry about my children bringing home a Playboy magazine!

I (MrHotJazz) have been a casual nudist for many years. When MsHJ and I married a few years ago (both our 2nd) she knew I was rather a hedonist and had no qualms about being naked anywhere, anytime within reason so I took her to a couple of family oriented nudist clubs in our area. The only problem she has is that she equates nudity with S-E-X which is O.K. with me. This is one part that we eventually got into swinging. There's nothing more exciting to me than getting naked with another couple or another M and taking it to the limit. Usually it's with a board or card game when it's a win-win situation for everyone. In the course of finding suitable couples with which to play I/we prefer those that ARE nudists. It seems to us that it eliminates the "Who's going to get undressed first" routine.

The only problem we've had lately is MsHJ's teen-aged son moved back home so our casual nudity around the house is null and void.

By the way---Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum.

Yes, my husband and I rediscovered nudism last summer. We used to go to nude beaches when we first met and then stopped when we had kids.

Nudists are different from other people - everyone has such a peacefulness about them. They are so relaxed, as we are when we visit the nudist resorts. No one is judgemental.

We've met the G-rated nudists (and respect them for that) and we've met the nudist who like to have fun. That was where we had our first few encounters. Once the weather cooled, we needed a new way to find others like us. We've chatted with people online and the swingers we've met all seem to have hang-ups about their bodies. They'll take their clothes off (or least most of them) for the sex but put them back on if we're sitting around talking. Once my husband and I take our clothes off, it doesn't occur to us to put them back on until we leave.

I don't have a perfect body; I'm a few pounds overweight. When I'm with nudists, I don't feel self-conscious. I do when we're with swingers. The vast majority of the population does not have a perfect body either. Nudists don't care about that. Nudism is about the freeness of being outside, in nature.

My wife and I visited a nudist resort for the first time this past summer and enjoyed it immensely. We both found the experience to be incredibly relaxing, and we look forward to going again. Unfortunately, my wife had a bad case of poison ivy at the time, so she did not go in the hot tubs or pool. I'm sure she will the next time.

...we still enjoy the water and sunshine, and the fine company that nudism tends to draw near! There is no class-structure to nudism... no one cares if you usually wear designer clothing, or drive a Mercedes or have a 10 carat diamond ring (well, maybe a 10 carat... :lol: ) or make a million dollars a year. All bodies are basically the same - size and shape and color and religion are not all that important... you tend to look others in the eye when talking to them - something that is lacking in the textile world, IMHO...V

AMEN! That is what we have always found and love it!

Being avid nudists, we find that when the clothes are gone, most often so are some of the less desirable human characteristics. We never met the same percentage of unpretentious people when vacationing at textile resorts.

Are you a nudist?

I am a casual nudist. I have no issue with nudity, and have actively sought out vacation opportunities in order to be nude if we feel like it. I can do nudity in the AARN campground setting or in a lifestyle-like setting (i.e., Desire or Live Oak) or we'll hit a nude beach if there's one close by. If it's just me and the spouse at home, nudity is fine. However, even at a nude campground or resort, I'm going to put on clothes to play tennis or running. I'm not that much of a nudist.

Yes, we are nudists and have been for many, many years. We both enjoy the freedom of being nude - it is just so comfortable, natural and relaxing. The atmosphere at the nudist clubs, resorts and beaches we have visited in Canada, Europe and the US is generally non-sexual. Our textile friends find that hard to understand. They equate nudity with sex and assume that at a nudist resort all the men are running around with erections. Nothing could be further from the truth. Having said that we must say that we have met many playmates at nudist resorts. Spending an afternoon by the pool with a couple of friends, then going for dinner and back to our place or theirs for an evening of fun makes for an ideal day!

Brian and Jo -

Couldn't agree more!! We love the Canadian campgrounds, Ponderosa and Four Seasons, so much more than the NY campgrounds.

Either way, we love the nudist attitude... don't get me wrong, the LS sexual environment is great, but often just the nekkid, Free 2 B Me, and the people you meet are just great, in a nudist (non-sexual) nature.

We "came out" to my son and his wife recently, and they think it's cool, and would like to try it out as well - not with us, for now...

We love going to nudist resorts and getting naked at a nude beach, but does that make us "Nudists.?" I don't think so. I say this only because it seems that there is an ideology attached to the statement, " I am a nudist." You just think it feels great to be naked in the great outdoors, and that people should be free to recreate in the nude in certain places. It doesn't mean that we want to attend meetings naked.

I voted "casual", simply because while I don't consider myself a nudist at all, it doesn't "gross me out" either. We generally sleep nude, and if the kidlets aren't around, may hang out around the house sans clothes. But we don't go out of our way to do so, nor have we made the effort to visit/vacation anywhere based on whether we can be naked.

We are very much a nudist....belonged to a resort in our past history and will probably join one again maybe this summer...

we are nude at home most of the time, especially in the summer, one of the first things we do once inside the door is chuck the clothes...

if that makes us a nudist...so be it

We prefer clothing optional resorts. I believe that nudist resorts mandate that you not have any clothing on and that some are family orientated. Clothing optional resorts are generally Lifestyle friendly/erotic venues.

We started out as casual nudist, not even realizing the sexual aspect, but even if it is not out in the open there is a sexual undertone... liberating and exciting experiences do tend to bring that out.

After some time with casual nudism we slowly evolved into the lifestyle, it was a comfortable and exciting adventure, and it was something we did together.

We are nudists at heart but when daughter move home, we only had naked Sundays but now that the son has come home it is only naked in our room.

Hey kids

Yup, we love being nekkid. We have been nudist for over twenty years and loved every minute of it. We live very close to a Clothing Optional Country Club and also spend most of out time at home without clothes.

Life is too short to play in your clothes.

I'll add to our previous thread about our first visit to Sunridge Nudist Resort here in CT.

We were about to leave the pool area to return to our rented cottage when I (MrHJ) was approached by a young and very pretty blond lady who told me "This is our first time here and we don't know too many people--what do others do for activities etc. etc. --Oh by the way, we're swingers!!!" We met her husband and found that they were in their early 30's--We're 58/48 and considered a good-looking couple and needless to say they were also a very knockout looking couple.

We invited them over and while I made drinks inside with blondie MrsHJ entertained her hubby outside. I had to ask "Does the age difference bother you?" "Absolutely not" she said. With that I tweaked her bare nipple and started sucking on the other. Mrs HJ and the young Adonis entered the cottage saw what we were into and the ladies took over and went down on both of us.

We found that they were a soft swing couple which was ok with us so after we made love to our respective partners young blondie says "Would it bother you if I told you I was bi?" I don't think so--with that she and MrsHJ had their FF fun and my wife had her first bi experience.

We tried to meet up with them again but they declined so we assumed that they got caught up with the excitement of that particular day. Do we like to be naked? You bet your sweet a** we do!!!

Yes, we have a place at a clothing optional, lifestyle resort. We're there every other weekend.

We also travel to Desire or Temptations once a year, and other locations as time permits.

Once we retire, we'd like to travel to different resorts each month to try them out. We like meeting new people. :D

Summertime is finally here...and we can get nekkid and play if we want at the resort we are members of - Armadillo Resort just outside the DFW area.

We are always nude at our cabin, and we occasionally go to Avalon in West Virginia. We would love to go to Avalon more and stay at nudist places when we travel, but being half Norse and half Highlander, I'm congenitally predisposed to NOT paying an extra $40-$50 at a place just for the privilege of running around naked.

Mrs Vjk can't do direct sun either, so when we go to Avalon she kicks back in the indoor pool which has anti UV glass in the sliding roof. I drag a lounge outside next to the screen where she is and kick back in the sun. Going nude to the dining room is great.

Yes, we are avid nudist. Whenever we get the chance we are sans clothes. We belong to AANR and have visited the clubs in our area. It is the most relaxing thing that I (Mr VANudistcpl) has done. Although, it does happen most family oriented nudist resorts frown on swinger activity in the open. However, what goes on behind closed doors is another matter. We know several couples that are both nudist and swingers.

I have never been a "nudist" before, I sleep in a T-shirt and panties. But the idea has peaked my interest. I would like to check out a clothing optional resort, just so long as I don't feel pressure to lose the bikini.

I think day one would be in T-shirt and shorts, day two in bikini, then after that, only time will tell.

I am a nudist , but don't go to any resorts here anymore. I do love Hedo II in Jamaica because you don't have to worry about getting thrown out if you get a hard-on, lol. Also if you want to fuck on the beach or anywhere on the nude side you can, a great place for nudist swingers.

I wouldn't consider us nudists, but we have been known to frequent a certain nude beach a few times each summer.

There is something profoundly relaxing about letting the boys feel the cool ocean breeze.

?

I can honestly say that I would be a nudist if I could but with the kids still in the house and the constant vanilla friends over this is just not practical.

We are comfortable being in the buff with our play friends but this only happens briefly and for the most part just to get ourselves in the mood. I am also usually the one to shed the clothes first ;)

We've talked about going to a clothing optional resort and I am open to the idea but for now any nudism happens behind locked doors and with good company. We plan on building a fence and a pool in the near future, this should definitely add some spice to our repertoire.

Guest thewriter

I was raised a nudists so I love been nude as much as possible.

I answered a similar question here and a few people did not understand my point.

I love to be nude but I am not a nudist. Confused?

To me and let me rephrase that TO ME being nude creates a sexual tension that I love. I have been to a few naked parties and have seen some hot women and I usually rise to the occasion. I believe that is frowned on by pure nudists.

So to me nudity = sex although many here do not agree with me (and that is ok).

I am not a nudist. But I know many people who are. I will lay an interpretation upon what some have told me.

After becoming acclimatized to the activities and culture of a nudist camp, people evoke sexual or not-sexual responses in most of the same ways that clothed people in non-nudist situations are able to evoke sexual or not-sexual responses. If a fully-clothed woman who is across from you at a table in a restaurant leans forward such that her cupcakes begin to fall out of her cups and she takes on a certain crooner's tone in her voice, that is taken as a sexual provocation. If a naked woman at a nudist camp leans forward and let's her nipples caress the butter dish and takes on a certain crooner's tone in her voice, that is also taken as a sexual provocation. In the context of a nudist camp, simply standing in front of another person to engage them in conversation is no more sexual unclothed than clothed, although being clothed, I am made to understand, is considered bad form in certain areas of a camp.

We would spend all our time naked if we could, but the idea of being a nudist is really creepy to us. We've met nudists and they seem to have a "holier than thou" attitude to swingers. We just can't wrap our head around anyone that doesn't see a problem hanging out naked with children. Maybe we just don't get it or we're too sexually repressed.