Spoomonkey

Do You Prefer Looks or Personality?

The "Read The Question First" Poll  

112 members have voted

1. 1. The "Read The Question First" Poll

• I am playing with the HOT couple - because they are right out of my adolescent fantasies!
    • I am playing with the couple with personality - because they are just so much fun to talk to!
    • I am going to talk to both a play with neither - because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
    • I am going to try to find a way to squeeze them both in tonight.
    • I am going to find someone else to play with.
    • I am going to fake diarrhea... Whoever still wants me wins!

I know this has been discussed here, but I was thinking about this...

Most of us would say that while looks are important, personality can often be the deal breaker...

But here's my question - let's say that you have played with two couples - one couple are both absolute knock outs - built like you ordered them - but their personalities are a little lacking. Nothing bad, really, after all you did connect with them once - but still a little like talking to cardboard.

The other couple is cute - within the strike zone - but still, they have their flaws - and if it hadn't been for their sparkling personalities, you'd probably not have connected. But there was that twinkle in her eye and that incredible sense of humor of his... And so you played - and had a good time...

Now - you show up at the club...

You put your beer in the cooler and walk out into the common area. They are both there - and they both see you and smile...

Who are you playing with tonight?

Spoomonkey

I voted to try to fit them both in, because that choice was closest to what I'd actually do.

I'd introduce the two couples to each other, grab a table and hope the six of us connected.

I posted the poll and haven't even voted yet...

Honestly - I don't know...

I am admitting some shallowness here, probably, but at the same time, I realize a flaw in my poll: who was better in bed? I think not having that in there makes the whole poll pretty even...

If I put in another option of "I am playing with the couple that is the most fun in the room" I'd vote for that - but I think that would kind of ruin the results...

I like your approach, Ves. I think trying to orchestrate a pile up would be a good way to go...

Spoomonkey

That's easy. The couple with the personality. A big part of it is sexual attraction, of course. But I think Mr. and I go into this with the knowledge that there are very few 'perfect 10's out there. And those that achieve a 10/10, usually know it. Mr. and Mrs. All That don't do a thing for us if they bring an attitude. As long as the not-so-perfect-10's take pride in their appearance and are confident and comfortable in their own skins, we prefer 'real' people over those with We're-Barbie-and-Ken-and-we-know-it attitudes.

Just to throw in a little disclaimer here: I fully realize that not ALL beautiful people are like this, but we just notice the tendency toward it. And we avoid it. If they're gorgeous and have sparkling personalities, we'd be there in a heartbeat! ;)

Spoo....I don't know if this is good for my brain having to think on two good post in one day but...:lol:

For us there are so many variables that would play a part in our decision that all the options in the poll could apply to us. And, in fact we have been in this particular scenario a few times where we have had to choose who we were going to play with that night. Mainly our mood at the moment has dictated what we did and in all cases, things worked out great and more times than not, everyone was open to everyone playing together.

Teresa

If the one couple is cute and has a great personality, who cares about a few flaws? We all have flaws. The only flaw I really have a hard time dealing with is a dull personality.

Tough one, but we are of the opinion that if you have a decent personality, then you are probably not bad at sex. I met some fantastic knock outs but when it came to sex, I/WE would have been better off masturbating with some toys.

The people (I keep saying this) we swing with or have sex with are people we know pretty well and we enjoy being with them, for fun, as friends and for sex. Yes looks do attract but personalities rule.

The great bod/flat personality couple would lose the fun after the first time so it would be those with personality. It's a no-brainer for me, sorry.

Now just a redirect - I made the point of saying that "you did connect with them" - so this is supposed to be a couple that has personality enough. Just like the other couple isn't ugly, this couple isn't mannequin-esqe.

The personality deficit of the hot couple is equal to the looks deficit of the couple with personality to spare...

Spoomonkey

I understood. I stand by my decision, unless of course the hotter couple's female has a really good bum. Then I would just stand there and look stupid not sure what to do.

We do not consider ourselves to be 10's. We are sure we would have a great time with both, but in the long run... we would definitely lean towards personality + like Lilo said... we all have flaws. To us its not just the slam, bam, thank you (although it does have its place in playing), we enjoy a nice, friendly, humorous, etc. personality... because it is a huge PLUS. This is something that we really enjoy!

But given the circumstances provided here.... we would try and fit both in.

I understood. I stand by my decision, unless of course the hotter couple's female has a really good bum. Then I would just stand there and look stupid not sure what to do.

:lol::lol: you crack me up!

I'm with you vespertine. The more the merrier facelick

I voted to try to fit them both in, because that choice was closest to what I'd actually do.

I'd introduce the two couples to each other, grab a table and hope the six of us connected.

Ditto... or if not an all 6 pile up, then at least there's potentially plenty of potential outcomes, depending on the boundaries of each couple.

This is a difficult one, but for me the personality wins out. But, you didn't really define how lacking in personality the HOT couple was. Was it just barely lacking, are we losing IQ points in their presence, or are we so bored we'd rather re-grout the shower? Since you mentioned that we'd played with both, I think it would come down to who we had the most fun with the last time. For me the best sex is not just how hot physically they are, but how hot overall they are. I like to be able to laugh when someone falls off the bed. ::P:

However, Mrs. WS is going with the diarrhea. :lol:

Mr. WS

I hate to say it but there seems to be far more people with good personalities than good looks (that are interested in us hehe). Odds are we would play with the hotties but try to find a good excuse for the personality people.

I finally voted...

I went with "squeeze them both in".

The more I thought about it, the more I figured, if we did that, then both couples would be aware of the position we were in that night - and if nothing happened, it would likely be understood - and if a six-some happened... Well... Bully!

Spoomonkey

and if a six-some happened... Well... Bully!

Spoomonkey

Geez Spoo.......was there really any other choice? ;)

Brett (and Tammy)

Only to a monkey-sized brain :o

Spoomonkey

:lol: I just think you put too much thought into it ;)

How much does attitude play into the equation for you Spoo? For me.....that seals the deal as much as personality....or perhaps more. But maybe that is part of the personality that you see up front. Now.....maybe I'm thinking too much :rolleyes:

Brett (and Tammy)

Now.....maybe I'm thinking too much :rolleyes:

Yeah... I think so...

I guess the variables that weren't mentioned need to be considered "all things being equal." Someone asked, "who's better in the bedroom?" That needs to be a tie as well...

So basically, they are the same people except one couple is hotter to the same degree that the other couple has a better personality...

But, the hot couple is no more lacking personality than the personable couple is lacking looks...

Other than that - they both drink from the same fountain.

Spoomonkey

Yup I voted for squeeze them both in. I am a greedy little beastie with lots of energy to spare :lol: . I want everyone to be happy, don't want to hurt any feelings and hell..if you can get everyone to go for it, it could turn out to be a good time.

Although personality is much much more important to me, we had this discussion the other day about a guy who was quite a bit shorter than me and psychically not my type, but his personality was so good that I found myself attracted to him. go figure. ;)

Ok, I'll admit it. We're greedy. :hahaha:

We're going for the "Daily Double". facelick

We like 6 person pile-ups, and pursue them when possible. So that's the angle we're going for. :fun::fun::fun:

Hey, if we "crash & burn", we still have each other!

I'd introduce the two couples to eachother, grab a table and hope the six of us connected.

Ves you and I think alike. When you guys coming up to our club? :D

-D

Well, I picked "I am going to try to find a way to squeeze them both in tonight." but the reality is that this has happened to us several times and what we actually did was " I am going to talk to both a play with neither - because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.".

I have to say that in these instances we tried to get everyone together to play but the two (or more) other couples didn't hit it off so we went home and enjoyed the good times with each other. At one point this was happening so often that we stopped going to the club so regularly just to give it a little break. Up to that point we went to the clubs about once a week, now we still only go about twice a month at random. It seemed to be that people we had played with knew we were their every Friday and so that is when they would show up. They all showed up "expecting" to hook up with us, which is something we try not to do, and it resulted in no hooking up at all because we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Personality wins me over every time. :-) The emphasis would definitely be on the personality couple but if the cardboard couple wants in....they are soooo welcome

as long as personality couple is game with it all. We can never have too many friends...always sexy fish out there!

Hopefully some of what we personalities (swapping, bumping, etc.) bring to the pot will rub off on them. Bless their hearts!

Yours,

Slutty Wife ;-*

Well, I picked "I am going to try to find a way to squeeze them both in tonight." but the reality is that this has happened to us several times and what we actually did was " I am going to talk to both a play with neither - because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings."....... They all showed up "expecting" to hook up with us, which is something we try not to do, and it resulted in no hooking up at all because we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

The obvious choice was try and fit both couples in.......but it's clear with your experiences that the opposite is more likely to result. We have the same attitude....and would probably end up with the same results as you guys too, as we go to the clubs with no expectations other than have a fun nite out with each other. No expectations.....no disappointments ;)

Brett (and Tammy)

We'd have to go with talk to both - play with none, because we hate confrontation. But it would be the people with personality that we'd try to reschedule with.

We'd have to go with talk to both - play with none, because we hate confrontation. But it would be the people with personality that we'd try to reschedule with.

I voted this way also...I too hate the confrontation, if it can be avoided, I will make sure it is, but I would reschedule with the personality people... However, others have made me see that fitting in both would be just as fun, if not more!!! I won't vote again, but if I did, it would be for that one! lol

:kissface:

~Mrs. Curiousduo30

I guess there a lot of "dedicated" lifestylers out there. As of this moment, 38.46% want to have they're cake and eat it too. :cool:

I am playing with the couple with personality , with a good heart, and have a lot of fun. Looks aren't everything. Mrs.NHcpl1968 :kissface:

I thought this was an interesting question, looking at it - My answer would be very different if it were the first night I had met them both ... in that case I'd be as likely to play with either (or hope to play with both). But if I'd already played with both of them and learned about their personalities, I'd probably either end up playing with neither again OR I'd be more likely to play with the cute couple with personality. No matter how hot the couple was if I had seen a total lack of personality it would be a turn-off.

We have met some beautiful peeps with nasty attitude and that swear a lot, it made them ugly as hell. Personality will win over looks any day in our book.

Even if the option of "squeeze 'em both in" hadn't been included, that would've been my first choice. :facelick: But in the spirit of the poll, let's say that wasn't an option. I'd choose the couple with personality any day and twice on Sunday ('cause we'd probably still be at the club after midnight anyway). ;)

=)

I would play with personality. The reason is simple...if Mrs. Ekies had only played with the hot ones I'd have been in the cold and by myself all these years.

More importantly though, I consider myself a bit of a conversationalist and will gravitate to anyone (nearly) who is fun to talk with, flirt with and so on. Being less than perfect, I try to keep my weaknesses in mind when I'm "judging" someone else (please take that the way it's meant).

We met a couple a year or so ago where the wife was spectacular to look at and even more spectacular to talk to (engineer). He was a complete and utter jerk. Absolutely convinced of his superiority in all things and not a bit afraid to let you know it. In this case we had two physically beautiful people and one mentally beautiful and one mentally ugly. Incidentally, we haven't talked to them since.

In the end, a great person and personality will be my choice over pure physical beauty.

Trace

In this situation we would try to connect with both during the night if not get all 3 couples together. Admittedly, we normally prefer personality over looks, but in this case it's not that couple 1 has personality flaws. It could be that nerves were an issue the first time around so we'd give them another try.

Now if the first couple were arrogant, self-centered, obnoxious, etc. - it would be a no-brainer to go for the personality over good looks.

Personality (attitude, tact, decorum, ability to hold a conversation) wins out with us every time. We don't care how "hot" you are or good in bed, if you're a lousy person outside of it.

.....I'll take looks on the 1st encounter or 1st few encounters....if the Lady has a lack of personality......but has a sweet ass.....when it comes to the ol' Turbo Pound...her lack of a radiant personality isn't going to be THAT much of a factor....SnM..out

I think introducing them and hoping we all hit it off would be the

greatest good. then again we could seem dull after they meet each other.

ya just never know.

Ideally, for us, the couples would play nicely together;) However comma::P: If we had to choose, personality is sexier than looks, hands down!

I am a playful person and I love to laugh and chat. Even while playing. so I to would have to go with the one with personality.

Your friend,

Prettylady:kissface: