graywolf71

BBW sex or not?

I just would like to know, who out there amoung you like BBW's or BHM's

Alot of people in my experence are looking for "Ken and Barbie". Now why would you look for some one who isn't correct anatomiclly? :lol:

I was just wondering because we've had some bad experences with the Ken and Barbie seekers. They don't stop us though, cause big people are fun cause there is more to love. :fun:

We picked a different path.

We were overweight and out of shape. Instead of complaining about Ken and Barbie, we are working on becoming them.

To each his own, but when I was somewhat fat I knew it was my fault, and I didn't get upset if others found me unattractive because of it.

We are now looking pretty damn good and I'm hoping we can move from the B list to the A list (or at least A-) in a couple more months.

Shallow, you bet, but it is about what WE find attractive and if our fat wasn't attractive to us, we couldn't expect in-shape couples to be attracted to us either.

When I was a kid I visited the Rockies for the first time and a cousin and I climbed the first mountain we got to. Then, we realized we had to climb back down and I was terrified. So I became very afraid of heights.

But I joined a special military outfit that required me to jump out of airplanes. Never really overcame my fear but enjoyed the parachuting.

Same way about my fear of widths. If a person has a nice enough personality and a great attitude towards sex? Well, now! I'm in! :)

Actually I have found that there are lots of people out there who appreciate people of size, just as much as there are people who like Ken and barbie types. It's all about confidence and personality.

We are a bigger couple and have never had a problem finding others to swing with. Both of us prefer being with other couples our own size but it is certainly not a requirement. When we attend our local swing clubs, we have fun with everyone. Size has never been an issue and we have had some wonderful playtimes with both bigger people and Ken/Barbies. Maybe it is because we are outgoing and don't wait for others to come up and start talking with us.

Anyway, not to ramble on, we love BBWs and BHMs.

We are both bigger people also and find that it isn't our size that people are attracted to, but our personalities and attitudes. We do tend to be attracted more to people that are similar in body types to ours though.

I am a 38 year old BBW married to Ken and we have no trouble finding willing participants in our lifestyle. Many more people these days, men especially, are admitting that they are attracted to BBW. Most people are attracted to personality, attitude, confidence and smiles. Most people are just looking for a good time. If you look like you are having a good time people want to hang out with you, in the bedroom and out. Have fun. If they are just in it for appearances they are the ones missing out.

I don't really have much to contribute to this as I am still a newbie but I have to say that I am a BBW and my husband is a "mini ken" he is only 4ft 8. He is extremely attracted to BBW and I am extremely attracted to tall and skinny so we do differ in what we like but so far it has all worked out for both of us.

Guest Pinmonkey

We actually skip talking to people who are Ken and Barbie.

Hello there, we're also no ken and barbie, but like Chicup said, it's something you can work it out, we agree that we don't like the Ken and Barbie type, we really prefer to hang out with someone that you feel great with it, than anything else. Still we have to agree there have to be some kind of physical chemistry between everyone, it's just a matter of finding the right ones, and the rest well, it's just what you have to do to get there. Keep it up and don't get disappointed.

Hugs

We aren't "Ken and Barbie" either, and personally wouldn't want to be. He's not big, but she is and we wouldn't have it any other way. Both of us can agreee that we've had more fun with bigger women. Neither one of us would turn down a woman or a couple because of their size, it's the attitude and personality that really counts. We've been able to meet and play with different size people and we always seem to stick with the bigger women, they always seem to be alot of fun and have great personalities. But to each his/her own.

I thank you all for the insight. It really opens my eyes.

We don't really get to talk to a lot of people in the lifestyle for the simple fact folks in our area are fairly closed mouthed, which i respect and honor that. I'm just glad to have this board to learn the thoughts of others in the lifestyle.

Though if i have miss led you we don't reject anyone for race, color, creed, etc. and we like playing with bigger people or ken and barbies too i was just seeing what your thoughts were.

Play happy

Several times I've rejected couples or single women because the lady had the personality or social skills of a cement block, but though I may not make a conscious effort to choose BBW, I've never rejected a lady on that basis alone and I believe anyone who does is making a mistake. I've never been one to side with the politically correct, but compatibility for me has little to do with appearance alone.

I've been in swinging when I was a pretty fit kickboxer and when I was 40 pound at least overweight

I really didn't notice much difference in people we attracted. I think it should be about chemistry, because I sometimes feel a strong attraction to someone who I do not find physically my type at all, but the personality and charisma wins out

We paid for a membership to X-Match and have clean normal face and full body photos up, and we *are* an attractive couple, despite me being a size 14, we've not been added to a single hotlist yet. It's making me feel like it's because I am not Barbie. Elf has a (shorter 5'6) Ken body, maybe not so much the face, but he's a hottie.

I'm hot, damn it, and sexy. I really feel like a fatty amongst Barbies on that site. Is this a known 'Barbie site"? Should we join somewhere else?

Sorry to hijack...

Pixie -

First off a size 14 is the average size of the American woman these days, so you are by no means a "fatty" :) Secondly - I haven't heard of X-Match. We use SLS and have good success. Some of the other members use adultfriendfinder and have good success. I think alot of it depends on the area of the country you are from. We just like SLS better, seems to be more serious "lifestylers" there.

Hope this Helps...

Jenn

Thanks, and you are absolutely correct, 14 *is* the average size in this country. I am content with my body and I know what to do with it, isn't that the point??

I did post to the "Ad review" thread, though. There were plenty of normal couples in our area, and I did email a few people, but no replies.

:sad::sad::sad:

Elf keeps calling me all excited to see if anyone got back to us and I hate to disappoint him by saying 'no.'

As long as they have a good personality (not to sound generic) and turn you on then who cares what their physical stature is: big small short tall, let's love them all.

I am married to a BBW, whom I adore. I prefer, and always have, a woman with curves. Now I have nothing against Ken and Barbie, but what people are considering Barbie now days reminds me of the commercials featuring starving children from Africa. I have been with several “Barbie” women. The sex was vanilla and quite frankly the bones hurt.

I know that not everyone is going to agree, which is the way it should be. The only thing that does bother me is those people who ignore the people because of their size. At least take a few minutes to get to know them a little bit, you might be surprised

The answer is YES YES YES BBW and BHM can definitely swing and Put any ken and barbie to shame. We are proof of that. WE got invited to come back if that says anything.

CuriousInOregon said:
The answer is YES YES YES BBW and BHM can definitely swing and Put any ken and barbie to shame. We are proof of that. WE got invited to come back if that says anything.

This is the kinda post that puts me off a bit here. I'm sorry but my guess is that there are some 'Ken and Barbie's' that do just fine, are good people, and know how to have a good time.

There is this general hostile feeling I get from a lot of the posters on this board over the years when it comes to people in shape who are only attracted to other people in shape. Its ok to say 'I prefer women with curves, they know how to REALLY have fun, unlike the Barbie's' that's ok, but I'm sure saying something akin to 'I prefer women in shape with flat stomachs, they really know how to have fun unlike a BBW' I'd be shot to pieces here.

Chicup said:
This is the kinda post that puts me off a bit here. I'm sorry but my guess is that there are some 'Ken and Barbie's' that do just fine, are good people, and know how to have a good time.

I would like to clear up my comment. I did not mean to offend. I did not mean that "ken and Barbies" could not have fun or were not Worth the time, I guess I phrased it wrong So let me Rephrase this for you and anyone else I could have possibly offended. :sad: BBW and BHM can get the same amount of Responses and have the same fun as Any Ken or Barbie out there, We are just as likely to get that second or 3rd invite as any "in shape or flat stomached person". Unfortunately the way that society is today If your out of shape or just not quite up to par you either get Criticized or taunted, This is not an Easy lifestyle to live and Being a BBW myself I have to take precautions to protect myself against any of the "taunters" I by no means meant to say that Because you are in shape you think your better if that is how it came out I am sorry. Surrender

We were talking to a couple who say that they dated Barbie and Ken once, and they were boring!!!

I have to agree with chicup though - it seems that Kens and Barbies do get a bad rap. I like all types - big, small, Ken, Barbie, their chunky cousins - but they have to be able to string together a sentence. I guess to me personaility is the make or break factor for me.

Jenn

Gotta tell ya, I play with all types, Big, thin, short, tall and I find everyone is special in their own way. What it comes down to is personality plain and simple. We all have our 'types' and that is what we are going to be attracted to. You can't just lump people into groups...

EvilMJ said:
Gotta tell ya, I play with all types, Big, thin, short, tall and I find everyone is special in their own way. What it comes down to is personality plain and simple. We all have our 'types' and that is what we are going to be attracted to. You can't just lump people into groups...

We are both right there with ya! We've had fun with big and little. Both were fun!

It is always the personality that gets our motor running. :facelick: Of course we need some physical attraction too, but like Evil said, everyone is special in their own way.

I've played with both, and enjoyed both. I don't think that size has any relation to how much fun a person is going to be. When we had any less than thrilling experiences I never attributed it what was on the outside, but totally what was in the inside.

Who ARE Ken and Barbie after all? I have never met them. Maybe it's cuz I deal with the human condition every day and see that there is no such thing as perfection. It's not the size of the package, it's the contents we are concerned with. If there is no chemistry, then there's nothing, right? So what someone looks like takes a back seat to who they are! You would not catch me "with" Brad Pitt, he can't even carry on a conversation - what a turn off. I've never met him and don't want to. But Rob Thomas, while not a classic hottie, and def not a 'Ken' is the sexiest man I can think of - um, besides Mr LD that is! :D

Oh come now Lovedoctor, the things I would do to Brad Pitt should be on FILM, Angelina would definately be welcome too :)

It depends on the person, but the attraction on some level needs to be there or why bother? Everyone has to have standards. Everyone I have ever slept with has been 'hot' to me, though it may not be in a traditional way and not everyone would think that they were hot. By the way after my last child I am a curvy size 12 and never have had a problem getting who I want.

Oh come now Lovedoctor, the things I would do to Brad Pitt should be on FILM, Angelina would definately be welcome too :)

It depends on the person, but the attraction on some level needs to be there or why bother? Everyone has to have standards. Everyone I have ever slept with has been 'hot' to me, though it may not be in a traditional way and not everyone would think that they were hot. By the way after my last child I am a curvy size 12 and never have had a problem getting who I want.

LOL, as long as you wrote the words for Brad to speak and he didn't try to come up with them himself, I would watch that movie! Or just keep him busy enough that he couldn't speak! I just wouldn't want to DO him ...It's all in the eye of the beholder, eh?

Ken and Barbie DIED in the Barbie Playhouse Fiasco of the 1970's! Their Barbie pool collapsed and drowned the both of them - Ken AND Barbie!

Didn't anyone else get the news release? Geez!

We have all since "moved on" to the "Cabbage Patch couples" and "Bratz" - which I might add have a much MORE delectable booty and figure than that of those skinny, self-absorbed, cosmetically altered, personality disordered "Barbies" (and Ken) ever had! (Hmmmph!)

So there, Mattell! Take that!

(Hmmmm? Can ANYONE Guess my stance on this issue?)

UCONN Keith said:
Ken and Barbie DIED in the Barbie Playhouse Fiasco of the 1970's! Their Barbie pool collapsed and drowned the both of them - Ken AND Barbie!

Didn't anyone else get the news release? Geez!

We have all since "moved on" to the "Cabbage Patch couples" and "Bratz" - which I might add have a much MORE delectable booty and figure than that of those skinny, self-absorbed, cosmetically altered, personality disordered "Barbies" (and Ken) ever had! (Hmmmph!)

So there, Mattell! Take that!

(Hmmmm? Can ANYONE Guess my stance on this issue?)

:lol: Say it again :lol:

I'm a BBW and I loves me a BHM facelick

I myself being a BBW lover wish there were more sites and clubs for BBW's to gather. I love, love, love um (by the way I'm married to one and having the time of my life). I think the barbi's and ken's of the world should give them a try. (JMO) :)

I agree with "EVILMJ". She is right on about her comment. It's all about confidence and personality. I myself like something to hold onto. I feel as though I could hurt those BARBIE type. It is all in HOW YOU CARRY yourself. Do not be sloppy or cocky, that is a turn off to many. But confident about yourself.

Guess we're about to get shot down in flames.

We're not Ken and Barbie (Su's better looking than Barbie for a kick-off. Bud's less attractive facially than Ken).

Su's naturally petite. 5' and around 100lb. 32A/B breasts. Takes little conscious excercise but is very active and eats primarily vegetables and fish (for taste reasons, not because of any dietry fad).

Bud eats similar but also likes lean red meat and works out regularly at the gym. 5'10 and 150lb of muscle. Neither of us show our ribcage though and are not overly worried to have a layer of flesh on our bones.

Guess what? We have a GREAT time (between the sheets and otherwise). We can string a couple of words of more than one syllable together and can even smile, laugh and engage in serious or amusing conversations. If you met us you'd find Su in particular to be the life and soul of any party.

You don't have to be overweight to enjoy life to the full. The immortal words of Will Shakespear "methinks thou doth protest too much" springs to mind when reading some of the posts on this subject.

Apologies are extended if we don't fulfill the criteria as laid down by the majority of the respondents to this thread. Likewise if it's considered wrong and selfish of us to look after and cherish our bodies and health. No doubt we are to be damned eternally for actually being proud of our physical appearances.

And yes, we do generally (not always) find similar body types more physically attractive. A few extra pounds is fine, but we're just not attracted to fat (or skeletal, for that matter) body types. Our desires are our desires as are your own. We can no more change what we find attractive anymore than could a gay person.

A little more tolerance and understanding from the members would be cool (we are disappointed to have found such tolerance that we extend to those who are overweight appears not to be reciprocated).

Sue and Bud,

I completely understand where you are coming from. I think the reason you are going to find such a vehament response is that overweight people get treated so much differently than those who are thin or HWP. I think it is great that you both look after yourself and look good, I am sure you have no trouble finding people who find your body type pleasing. Overweight people go into it automatically thinking that they are going to be shunned or have a hard time in the lifestyle because they do not fit what the media tells us is the perfect body. There are a lot of preconcieved ideas out there about overweight people that are generally unkind and in many cases untrue. I have been on both sides of the coin weight wise and I one thing I can tell you without hestiation is that overweight people get treated very differently than thin people.

That doesn't mean that we should degrade or shoot down people who are thin or fit the 'Ken and Barbie' profile. I know I am repeating myself on this one but I play with people of all shapes and sizes but when it comes down to it what I find sexy is not what you are going to find sexy and there is nothing wrong with wanting to play with someone who is fit, overweight, or of a certain height, etc its just a personal perference.

The point here is that you should not feel trepidation about going into the lifestyle if you are overweight. There are people out there who will accept you and find you attractive, especially if you come into it with a confiident positive attitude.

SuAndBud said:

A little more tolerance and understanding from the members would be cool (we are disappointed to have found such tolerance that we extend to those who are overweight appears not to be reciprocated).

We're here, we're thin, get used to it! :lol:

As one of the 'in shape' rights activists of the board, it's been funny how many PM's I've gotten from other posters who want to tell me how glad they were I posted what I did but don't want to post that themselves or even agree in public for fear of being less popular, seeming insensitive, whatever the reason.

I was having a similar train of thought as SuandBud.

Dog and I are fit and strong, we love to train and be in the gym.

We could fall under the category of Ken and Barbie. But Dog has a penis and my back is not breaking from the weight of my breast. We have more then just air between our ears. Dog is 26 years in the military, Helped his ex wife raise a wonderful child into an exceptional adult. I am in the process of molding two wonderful kids of my own, while attending college and holding down a job.

We are not superficial, mirror obsessed, close minded people who only think of how we look while having sex. Our Orgasm faces are just a goofy as anyone else's. :eek:

If anyone called me a barbie to my face I would be pissed, NOT because I am a drama queen, but how dare anyone make such an assumption about me with out meeting me. Lord knows once you meet me Barbie or Princess is not a term to best describe me. BBW is a term of

endearment for a curvy set person, while the term that has come up for people with less curvy bodies is an insult by being called Barbie and Ken.

I hate to go off like this towards people I respect so much. But we have got to come up with a category for those of us who are thin and have substance.

A thin funloving person who is great in bed is not a contradiction. It is, in many cases, Fact.

Why do we even need to categorize ourselves? I love sex, you love sex. If the chemistry is there...lets have sex, if not perhaps become good friends.

Your friend,

Prettylady :kissface:

SuandBud, great post and also our thoughts too!. I always get a kick out of how open mined and nonshallow swingers pronounce themselves to be, then you hear the ken and Barbie trashing. Quite hypocritical.

We like what we like, period. We are a very fit couple, and like others who are into fitness/bodybuilding too! That doesn't mean that we don't like all folks or are mean or hurtfull to others who don't fit our idea of what is attractive. I know that my body type isn't attractive to many, and a more toned than a muscular body is thier liking, but who cares.

Nothing worse than a overweight person claiming to be so open minded, and a good person on the inside, and then Ken/barbie bashing comes out of thier mouths. It really makes one look pretty unattractive.

prettylady said:
Why do we even need to categorize ourselves? I love sex, you love sex. If the chemistry is there...let's have sex, if not perhaps become good friends.

Exactly.

We think the term “lifestyle” is bogus as it is applied to swinging. Swinging isn’t our lifestyle – it is merely our haven for recreational sex. We are multi-faceted people - “vanilla” is our lifestyle, and we exhibit different tendencies in our normal/vanilla lives than we do when we are swinging.

In our vanilla lives – Appearance (within certain boundaries) is not very important to us and we are equally accepting of fit and fat people. We don't expect one group (fit or fat) to have consistently better personality traits than the other. Our vanilla friendships reflect our lack of body type bias – we have both fat friends and fit friends. (And a few friends who are slim enough to call us fat.)

In our swinging lives - We have seen fit bodies naked, and we have seen fat bodies naked - and we much prefer the look of fit bodies. If you have a fit body (and your general interests are compatible with ours), we screen for two additional features: 1) a nice face, and 2) a pleasant personality.

Our swinging protocol:

Fit body + nice face + pleasant personality = let’s get naked.

Fat body = we feel no need to get to discover your personality (unless we’re looking for a vanilla friend).

Hi.Mr Telly2 here.

I agree completely with Peppers comments,so I have to word this carefully.

There are bad apples in every bushel,and the adult community is no different.Some K&B types are shallow as a teaspoon,and others aren't.By the same token,there are "people of structure"that are truly open minded,and some who's minds are locked up tighter than Fort Knox.But what causes this to be?

Sometimes it's personal experience.We've only just opened ourselves to,as I call it,open board swinging(Not having a prior long-term friendship first),and our luck has not been good.Our first contact was an attractive "fit" couple.After a very promising 45min MSN conversation,we traded pics.Once the first pic of the Mrs. was transfered,we got"Oh.You're not our type.We only want attractive couples".Then they immediately went offline.Talk about a bad start. :sad:

If someone gets hit with enough shots like this,it can be difficult not to get resentful and fall into the stereotyping trap.The key is to remember that not everyone is the same.If one couple isn't interested,there must be another who is. :rolleyes:

I'm actually surprised this question even came up.You'd think that anyone who could be open minded enough to enter the swing arena must be able to see the good in everyone despite body style.Attitude is what makes a person truly beautiful.

Before I get off my soapbox,I'll just summarize my comments.Don't let apperances decieve you and don't let 1 rotten apple spoil the bunch.

*hops off the box*

Guess we're about to get shot down in flames.

We're not Ken and Barbie (Su's better looking than Barbie for a kick-off. Bud's less attractive facially than Ken).

Su's naturally petite. 5' and around 100lb. 32A/B breasts. Takes little conscious excercise but is very active and eats primarily vegetables and fish (for taste reasons, not because of any dietry fad).

Bud eats similar but also likes lean red meat and works out regularly at the gym. 5'10 and 150lb of muscle. Neither of us show our ribcage though and are not overly worried to have a layer of flesh on our bones.

Guess what? We have a GREAT time (between the sheets and otherwise). We can string a couple of words of more than one syllable together and can even smile, laugh and engage in serious or amusing conversations. If you met us you'd find Su in particular to be the life and soul of any party.

You don't have to be overweight to enjoy life to the full. The immortal words of Will Shakespear "methinks thou doth protest too much" springs to mind when reading some of the posts on this subject.

Apologies are extended if we don't fulfill the criteria as laid down by the majority of the respondents to this thread. Likewise if it's considered wrong and selfish of us to look after and cherish our bodies and health. No doubt we are to be damned eternally for actually being proud of our physical appearances.

And yes, we do generally (not always) find similar body types more physically attractive. A few extra pounds is fine, but we're just not attracted to fat (or skeletal, for that matter) body types. Our desires are our desires as are your own. We can no more change what we find attractive anymore than could a gay person.

It's a preference that's all. You prefer what you prefer. Nobody is knocking you for that and there is no reason for you to apologize.

I haven't read all the post in this thread.(pages 3 and 4). It's not that serious. If it don't apply let it fly. On message boards I've learned not to take things so seriously. It's cool you like them thin, slim, fit whatever it's all good.

Likewise if it's considered wrong and selfish of us to look after and cherish our bodies and health.

Ok, now what do you mean by this? On the internet it's easy to misunderstand something or take things out of context and I don't want to do that. So are you say BBW and BHM do not look after and cherish their bodies?? :confused:

At the end of the day it's about respect for one another rather you're BBW, BHM, Thin, Slim, Skinny, way too skinny, fit whatever. I'm going respect you as long as you respect me. I like all people, I don't care what you look like but I do prefer to be with someone of my preference. It's not the end of the world people.

One more thing, even though I do prefer BHM, if a thin guy thinks he can handle me then by all means bring it on. :kissface::cool::fun:

telly2 said:
Hi.Mr Telly2 here.

I agree completely with Peppers comments,so I have to word this carefully.

There are bad apples in every bushel,and the adult community is no different.Some K&B types are shallow as a teaspoon,and others aren't.By the same token,there are "people of structure"that are truly open minded,and some who's minds are locked up tighter than Fort Knox.But what causes this to be?

Sometimes it's personal experience.We've only just opened ourselves to,as I call it,open board swinging(Not having a prior long-term friendship first),and our luck has not been good.Our first contact was an attractive "fit" couple.After a very promising 45min MSN conversation,we traded pics.Once the first pic of the Mrs. was transferred,we got"Oh.You're not our type.We only want attractive couples". Then they immediately went offline.Talk about a bad start. :sad:

If someone gets hit with enough shots like this,it can be difficult not to get resentful and fall into the stereotyping trap.The key is to remember that not everyone is the same.If one couple isn't interested,there must be another who is. :rolleyes:

I'm actually surprised this question even came up.You'd think that anyone who could be open minded enough to enter the swing arena must be able to see the good in everyone despite body style.Attitude is what makes a person truly beautiful.

Before I get off my soapbox,I'll just summarize my comments. Don't let appearances deceive you and don't let 1 rotten apple spoil the bunch.

*hops off the box*

Beautiful post. If you don't mine I would like to use this...

Attitude is what makes a person truly beautiful.

in my siggy.

We should all remember that it is about a person attitude.

Our Orgasm faces are just a goofy as anyone elses. :eek:

:lol:

I loved everything else Prettylady had to say on the subject as well. Very nice!

I have to agree, so much is involved in creating chemistry between people, and body styles obviously has to play a part. I am not in disagreement with others being with those they find physically attractive. That's a big part of what this lifestyle is about.

I remember a couple who ran a lifestyles club in Las Vegas, who's criteria was that you HAD to pass a "physical attraction" application to enter the club. The club was strictly for "pretty people".

Seriously. Can you imagine having to pass a test on whether you were physically attractive enough to enter a club??!? I think that's a bit over the top. I can only imagine some ladies standing in a corner gossiping about someone's boob job.

:lol:

I loved everything else Prettylady had to say on the subject as well. Very nice!

I have to agree, so much is involved in creating chemistry between people, and body styles obviously has to play a part. I am not in disagreement with others being with those they find physically attractive. That's a big part of what this lifestyle is about.

I remember a couple who ran a lifestyles club in Las Vegas, who's criteria was that you HAD to pass a "physical attraction" application to enter the club. The club was strictly for "pretty people".

Seriously. Can you imagine having to pass a test on whether you were physically attractive enough to enter a club??!? I think that's a bit over the top. I can only imagine some ladies standing in a corner gossiping about someone's boob job.

Are you serious??!!! Get out of here!! That is just too much. Who is to say what or whom is pretty?

ShellyM said:
For the record, I'm not getting involved in this discussion lol.

I'm with you. The last time I defended my wife's right to be in the "overweight" zone of the body mass index it got real ugly with comments about "overweight" people being lazy and a drain on the healthcare system.

But, here I go nonetheless.

Like EvilMJ, my wife has been on both sides of the fence. In the Army she was the fittest she's ever been, and even then because she was a size 8 our government had her on the "fatty plan" throughout her career, and she looked awesome. She was so fit you'd never guess she was a size 4 much less an 8. GI Jane eat your heart out! :D Now her weight has leveled-off, she is a very happy and pleasing size 14-16 (not that big really), and yes, she is treated very, very differently then skinnier women by society in general, and employers in specific. Both of us are in the lending industry and I'll tell you, all the account executives from lenders calling on our brokerage are skinny little hotties. The lenders use sex to sell to lonely, horny brokers who actually think they may get lucky someday with one of them. My wife being "overweight" by the BMI standards would never get a job with a lender for the sheer fact she is not a size 4. I've NEVER seen a chubby account executive. Never.

We went to Victoria's Secret to find her a strapless bra (she's a 38C) and the nice 105 lb clerk told her they don't have stuff for "bigger" women like her and she might want to try one of the stores for bigger women, like Lane Bryant, then she bopped off to help a Barbie and Ken that walked in. A 32DD for skinny women with big boob jobs is there, but nothing for real women with real breasts. Mrs. WS almost broke down in tears. She was humiliated.

Thus, I always find it amusing when skinnier folk cry persecution. At least they have a better chance of getting employed and they never get moo'd at.

For the record... I am not "overweight" on the BMI. So my opinion is that of a "socially acceptable" person that has seen the torture my lovely wife has gone through because she shops at Lane Bryant and Torrid rather then Victoria's Secret and Express, Limited, Gap, or American Eagle Outfitters.

Now in the lifestyle she has never once been discriminated against EXCEPT by the Barbie and Ken's... and let me tell my definition of a Barbie and Ken. I am not talking about fit, attractive people with personality and open minds. I am talking about the superficial, self-absorbed, arrogant "it doesn't matter who I am, what matters is who I appear to be" type of people. Of course, they always tend to play within their own little circle anyway and never venture out beyond it, so they are not much of an issue to others. They also seem to be the ones who are looking mostly for girl-on-girl or are just at the club to be doing the new fad and they don't seem to be around long.

That to me is a Barbie and Ken. Barbie and Ken would not visit this Board. Barbie and Ken would have nothing really to say here. So to me, Barbie and Ken is more an attitude then a physical appearance - although Barbie and Ken's usually have a common "look" about them. To me it wouldn't seem much like swapping if the other woman looked just like my wife. :lol:

In defense of those that look like Barbie and Ken's but aren't... Like my wife says "it would be so much easier to hate you if you weren't so damn nice." :)