Miss_Piggy

Who looks better with a tattoo? Men or Women?

Who looks better with a tattoo?  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Who looks better with a tattoo?

• Men
    • Women
    • Both completely equally
    • Neither - Tattoos are just plain disgusting on everyone. I don't even like the one in the dog's ear!
    • Stop with the polls already, Piggy. This one is also flawed. I'll tell you why in my post below.

One more poll idea and then I promise I'll stop with the poll posting for a bit. ;)

I was looking at my poll attempt on favorite tattoo locations and thinking to myself about how gender seems to play a significant role in whether or not a tattoo in a certain place is considered sexy. Of course, that isn't *so* surprising. But I do think it's interesting that gender plays such an important role in our thinking about this.

So here's the question,

Who do tattoos look better on, men or women?

Please be gentle. :o

Piggy :)

I had to really stop and think about this one. I have to say I find tatto's equally sexy on both men and women. I guess how sexy they are depends on how sexy the person is to me. :D

Ditto ! Mrs. wiscpl agrees with EvilMJ. How many tattoos a person has makes a big difference as well. For some, being covered with body art is attractive. We prefer it in moderation and both of us has a tattoo, her on her back just below her mid section and me on my arm.

I (the wife) find tattoos in moderation of course very sexy on both men and women. If the person is covered from head to toe in them it's not really all that sexy. Hubby has two one on each arm, I have one above my left breast(a very small dolphin).

Guest smileytattoo

I have to say that I find them attractive on both men and women. And IMHO the more the merrier! I have 19 so far, and have no plans on quiting any time soon. For those who judge a person by their tattoo's, it is no different than judgeing by color or race. You have no idea what kind of person I am just by looking at my skin. Most people can not believe that we live in the parsonage of our church, we are Southern Baptist's, and on the whole we are conservative people hubby and I.

I myself (wife) find it more sexy on a women then men, well it depends on where they are...I don't like women who are covered with them but a couple here and there is sexy...my hubby luvs the one I have on my lower back :)

I think that tattoos are like jewellry, a few enhance the person's look, but too many or too large are just ostentatious and spoil the effect. Location is also a big part of the effectiveness too, a tattoo that just peeks out once in a while is far more sexy to me than one that is always in view, it tends to become a focal point and takes away from the person's other features and personallity.

I think tattoos are art and are to be worn by both genders as to a personal preference.

I myself never had any and do not plan on any, but , feel free to express yourself and live life and be happy if it makes you feel good why not

hehehe piggy.. I had to pick the last one... the poll is flawed. It isn't so much the tat on male or female as it is the person ( as a whole) with them. I noticed that a lot of people said tats in moderation, and that is true but it too subjective. Who decides what is in moderation? If someone covers themselves in tats, are they displaying art or hiding from something ( or themselves)? If someone is completely against tats.. are they making an assumption about people with tats or just scared of needles? (yes, I am bored... bring on another poll).

I'm not personally turned on by body art. It's hip now, but, I wonder what some of these people will look like when they reach their 70's or so....In fact, I think that 'Saturday Night Live' did a skit / fake commercial concerning that subject, which was very funny, but, somewhat true. It showed a nice young lady's ass cap, but, using 'Photoshop' altered it to show what happens later on. It was NOT pretty.....Pretty funny, though!

I have grown more use to seeing tattoos on males and females these days due to it's popularity, and, it's not a complete turn off. A nice lower back design is interesting to look at, and gives me an excuse to check out her butt. But, on women I'd recommend a tiny flower, fairy, or something feminine like that. Otherwise, I think that tattoos make both men and women look 'tough' or roughneck even when I know that most are just as gentle as I am.

Wife and I do not care for tats at all. We prefer a "clean slate".

Now pericing... I love them on nips, bb, and below as long as they are just one in each area. Too many spoils the pot. (I know, off subject) Wife does not care for anything but the ears. :rollseyes

I think tatoos are art and are to be worn by both genders as to a personal peference.

I myself never had any and do not plan on any, but , feel free to express yourself and live life and be happy if it makes you feel good why not

I agree with this post with the exception that I have three tattoo's...One my left lower leg, another on the back of my neck and the last one on my lower back..My hubby has one on his left arm that matches the one on my neck...:)

Amy

I think they look equally good on men or women, if they're done right by a competent artist. I really don't like the ones that look like they were done by someone's cellmate. :D

-B

I really don't like the ones that look like they were done by someone's cellmate. :D

-B

:lol:

I agree that they look equally good, as long as they're unique to the individual.

I said women but I sorta lied. Tattoos are fine on men too, if more men would just pick something at least a bit artistic. Women seem to have a far better "eye" that way.

I guess we are in the minority, we really don't like them, and Jim goes so far as to not even want to play with women who have ones that are too obvious. I'm not that bad, but it is not my favorite thing either.

Nothing against people who have them, but they are not attractive to us.

jana

I know it's a double standard since I have a tattoo, but I'm not particularly fond of tats on women. For me it takes away (a bit) from the feminine look. If they are small, tastefully done in a good place (which is not the breast) then they're alright.

It really depends on where the person puts the tattoo. For women I like them just about anywhere except for the arms (like the Pam Anderson's arm band)

Tattoos - Yuck. Call me an old-stick-in-the-mud, but I really don't care for tattoos on you ladies. Here's this beautiful vessel of pleasure, so sublime and attractive, then she takes off her clothing and is covered in graffiti. Had that experience, once, with a beautiful lady ... turn me right off. I guess my experience with the animals I used to hang with in the AF turned me off to tattoos. They used to get drunk & get tattooed, then cry about it afterward. If a guy has tattoos, that shows off the beast all us males tend to be. But, Then, There's Mellissa Milano of Charmed ... She & my daughter are lookalikes, and were like twins when Mellissa was on Who's The Boss. Now that cute kid is all grown up and a billboard. My daughter, thank god, doesn't care for any. Foregive me, all you ladies with tattoos, but why ruin such perfection? I know it's a Societal phase we go through, and it isn't disgusting to me, just a disappointment of my small, shallow mind. JeoK

We both think it all depends on where they are and just how many there are, to many is like anything an overdose, but a few here and there is very attractive.

:lol:

I agree that they look equally good, as long as they're unique to the individual.

That is exactly what I was going to say. :rollseyes:

I put a lot of thought into mine. I love them both.

I plan on getting a third, but at a price. I can't not get my third unless I metal at the worlds and then I would be like a permanent reminder of the hardest year of my life, with training and tournaments. All my tats are symbolic of something important in my life.

Your friend,

Prettylady :kissface:

but why ruin such perfection? I know it's a Societal phase we go through, and it isn't disgusting to me, just a disappointment of my small, shallow mind. JeoK

Please don't think I am taking offense to this comment because I am not.

IMO tats if done right can be beautiful.

My Grandfather died when I was young but I remember like it was yesterday him telling me that I was blessed with the fairies. (yes he is Irish). Every time I would do something to get my Dad to call me by ALL my names, Grandad would say Mick it was the fairies that made her do it. How can you argue with reasoning like that. Saved my behind a few times.

My second tattoo I got when I made the National Karate team and got my black belt the same year. Both huge accomplishments.

And like I stated in my last post, my next will be only if I metal at the worlds. Sso you see it just isn't graffiti for a lot of us, it is symbolic.

I know I won't change your mind and make you like tattoos, but I hope you will think about the possible beauty and story behind the tattoos.

Your friend,

Prettylady :kissface:

I have a couple but on my back only...I don't regret getting them but they are a little "2002" if you know what I mean...All of us will be 80 and in the retirement home with our tats and breast implants!

But I prefer them on men...they look very sexy on a muscular male body. I like the way they look almost blending in to black skin and I like the bright colors on white men who have partial or full sleeves...Just need to be on muscle, not fat

And I HATE piercings...nipple, bellybutton, genital, facial...those totally turn me off. Not sure why but the idea of an open tunnel in the body is really gross to me.

Some tattoos look good on either a woman or a man, but there are some that don't. It all depends on the size, where it is, what the quality of the artist's work is. There is such a thing as going too far with tattoos, too. You can have too many.

I agree with the previous posts: tattoos are okay if they are placed tastefully, are high quality, and are interesting or unique to the person. I read somewhere that many studios have inaccurate kanji templates or ascribe incorrect meanings to them.

S

Tattoos are cool. I have one, I have had it since I was 19, in the barracks, witha bottle of India ink and a needle. Mrs DD has two and they both mean something to her. Older people with tattoos are cool too. It shows that they were not always "old" It shows they have some history of when they were "younger" And, If you have the guts, talk to people about their "INK" they will be more than happy to talk to you about it in most cases.

I agree with evil. A tattoo is sexy on both men and women. It depends on how sexy the person is too. I don't care how much make-up you put on a ugly person, they are still ugly.

I love tats on both! I have 4 and my hubby has 3. It depends on the tats and how many the person has. I dont like an overload of tats of anyone.

We both feel that tattoos are a personal choice. We personally prefer tattoos in moderation - not huge tats, not the whole body and of course, nicely done. I (wife) have one on my ankle, he does not have any tats. But the tat on my ankle was a birthday gift from him!

Sarah

I have no tattoos, where as Bob has sleeves. Choices made when he was much younger and NOT SOBER....We have been pre-judged SO many times because of them.

I have no problem with tattoos on men or ladies...I have none because he ASKED me 22 years ago not too.

Chelle

Neither of us like tats all that much. One or two, tasteful and tastefully placed, are OK, but the ropes around the arm, neck tats, or God forbid, cover your whole back tats :eek: are a serious turn-off for us. Our SN profile states that we're not into "excessive tats or piercings". Other than G's ears, neither of us have tats or piercings.

That said...to each his own. If it feels good to you, go for it. I guess we're just a bit old-fashioned in that regard...

and we are gender equal on the subject.

M

Guest MrsVan

Okay, I have to say that I think that tattoo's can be sexy on both a man and a woman depending on the tattoo, how many there are, and the person themselves. If the tattoo is done right, and is not too obscene or big, then it is very sexy. However, those who have tattoos all over their arms with no space left to see skin, or all over their bodies is a huge turn off for me.

For a woman, my favorite places to see them would be on the lower back :facelick:, ankle, belly. For a guy, I am a sucker for tattoo's as long there is not too many. I find a tattoo on a guys chest, back and arm to be sexy. :drool:

But I also think that the person who is wearing the tattoo also can make a difference depending on his or her appearance. If the person has complete confidence in him or herself and takes care of themselves, then their appearance can make the tattoo just as sexy :facelick:

I personally do not have a tattoo yet, but I am working on my design before I actually get it done and that is taking me forever to do. I want one on my lower back and already have in mind what I want, just trying to find someone to create it for me and make sure it will look right before it is put on me.

What is so attractive to me....Is a woman who has a tattoo on her lower back or stomach and when her shirt is short and the tattoo is visible.... :facelick: It is just something that is a huge turn on and I think is very, very sexy...

MrsVan

I love them!! I have three and my husband also has three. I have one on my lower back, ankle , and bikini area. My husband has one on each bicep and one on his chest. I love the way they look, I love the stories behind them. I think that they are sexy.

In my opinion, both genders can look equally hot with an appropriate tattoo. I have a tattoo on my ankle and want to get 2 more, one on my shoulder blade and one on my pubic bone but that's a far as it will go for me. I think that if it's too many it doesn't look sexy or hot anymore.

My husband is not a person to get tattoos but he likes mine and likes the idea of the other 2 that I will get.

We both have tattoos, and I don't find our tats sexy or unsexy on either one of us - it's more just a reflection of our personalities and interests. Some tattoos are pretty hot - others definitely not, so its obviously just a matter of personal preference to me.

I'm not getting any more. I think the spousal unit would like another one.

Rebecca

I think tattoos CAN be sexy on both genders. I don't think that they just automatically by themselves are. People that tattoo their foreheads or inner lips usually score lower on "Ashleigh's Personal Tattoo Sexiness Chart"...simply because your face is so expressive and I think it should be left to be so on it's own. That being said - I have 2. I think they're sexy. One where my hip and thigh meet, and another on my lower back. If I'm wearing low jeans you can get little peeks of both.

I have seen some VERY sexy tattoos on other women, and on men too. My best friend has a tattoo that kind of wraps around his shoulder. It just makes me want to give him a little bite on that shoulder. All these tattoo/piercing posts have me itching for more body mod. I'm just gonna come home with a new tattoo after work one day.

This is a passionate subject at our house. First off, a lot of people don't find tattoos attractive because of what they imply about a persons personality and values. If that's the case try actually talking to people.

If you just don't like the way they look, well it's the same as anything else. You like 'em tall, or short. You like 'em blond, or brunette, or redhead. You like 'em thin, or with a little meat on their bones. Whatever. It's a preference and we all have a right to those.

Now having said that, I have several tattoos including a full sleeve. They make me FEEL sexy. And isn't there something to be said for that?

That doesn't mean that I find tattoos attractive or unattractive. On men or women. I don't think there is any hard and fast rule as to what's too much. I think it's about personality, about how they make you feel, about whether it suits your body, whether it's really yours and you own it. And above all that it's high quality work. That is one thing that is a deal breaker. Bad art is just bad art wherever it is.

The polls are a fun way to enter the site. They're harmless. I would suggest to continue.

I really like tats on the ladys, ho so sexy!! Piggy we like reading the polls keep them coming :kissface:

If they're done tastefully and understated, I like them. Mrs. NWMIFun has a couple and before meeting her I was of the opinion that they're trashy. But she's opened my mind. I don't think it's open enough that I'd actually get one. But it's open enough to now see the sexiness of one one a woman, and be able to think one looks pretty cool on another guy.

We both love tats - have a few and more planned.

I (hubby) think that certain designs look better on certain genders and certain locations also lean toward one gender or the other.

I have 5 tattoos and I'm looking for where I can put my 6th. I largest is above my left breast. It's a hawk. It's wingspan goes under one arm a little.

I love tattoos!!

I think it really depends on the tattoo and the location. Both men and women can look good with a tattoo but an ill-placed or a poorly chosen tattoo is going to look bad regardless of who it is on. I think if people follow the advice of the girl who did my tattoo and make sure they choose a tattoo that fits THEM (you'll know it when you see it - she says) and think about where it is going. It will be fine. But as with any trend there are always going to be those who just want what everyone else has or don't think about what they are doing.... or like the girl at my office who just woke up one morning after a night of drinking with a bat on her arm.

You know, no matter how much I love tattoos, I still think it rather unsexy when I go to a swinger party and see 5 ladies with a little devil on their ass. People should try to be a bit more creative about what they put on their skin, rather then just go with what they have seen on others