sepacouple

What's your opinion on family nudity in the home?

family nudity  

888 members have voted

1. 1. family nudity

• I am comfortable with my kids seeing me nude occassionally
    • I am comfortable but only if they are same gender
    • I am comfortable depending on age (please explain)
    • I am not comfortable at all with my kids seeing me nude

Was wondering what the opinion is on family nudity in the home.

I'm not talking about lounging around watching TV in the nude with the kids around or having lifestyle friends over when the kids are around.

What I mean is, are you comfortable changing clothes, getting out of bed in the morning if you sleep in the nude, getting a shower, etc. if your kids are around you.

Does it matter if they are a different gender than you, does age matter?

Do you think being in the lifestyle makes you more comfortable with this than someone who was not in the lifestyle?

Janet will not be naked around the kids at all and that's the end of the story.

I cover up the 'naughty bits' around them myself, as I don't think it's right to assume that they're OK with seeing me nude. They do the same.

It's not like we're terrible prudes or anything :lol: , it's just what we're comfortable with.

-B

Neither of us feel comfy being nude in front of our boys. And the boys are the same way around us. No prudes here either but dont think it is apropriate to be naked in front of my kids. It isnt something they need to see!!

just my 2 cents

Well I marked depending on the age, maybe that's just because my children are at the age where this is an issue. I have no problems being naked in front of my 20 month old son, he doesn't look at me funny nor does he care. I've only just started covering up in front of my 3 year old (will be 4 soon). Sometimes I'll forget and not have my shirt on but I'm quickly reminded when he asks "do you still have milk in your boobies". Now with my 13 year old sometimes I'll wear a t shirt and underwear in front of him, NOT when I'm wearing sexy panties and the shirt mostly covers the undies. He's seen a ton of my breasts though with my breastfeeding the two little ones but hasn't seen them since I weaned back in June.

I am comfortable jumping in the shower, or envitiably being in the shower when the kids run in ask me something.

I would say that we aren't modest, per say, just respectful.

I remember as a kid my mom would often run from her bedroom to the laundry room to grab her bra- That made me feel terrible! I hated to see my moms boobs!

That is the feeling I have when I run from my bedroom to the laundry room so I always grab a robe! :lol:

No big deal for either of us and the "kids" don't seem bothered either. It was the same with my own parents when I was a kid. Never an issue.

CB

We are nudists..our kids are nudists..always have been ..always will be...so them seeing us nude is no big deal...seeing us having sex however is a different story!!! :nono:

My mom and I used to have some of our best conversations while she was in the bathtub. She was always so "on the go" but while taking a bath she was always relaxed and unhurried. Sometimes we would talk for an hour or so while she soaked in the tub and I sat fully clothes on the toilet. It never seemed at all odd to me at the time.

Also, my dad is a nudist. He's never had a problem being nude around the house and he doesn't even own a bathing suit (this doesn't stop him from going swimming :lol: )

I figure if I ever have kids I will have to same type of attitude. Of course, if my kids were truly uncomfotable I would wear clothes out of respect for them.

I was running a social nudist group at the time our kids were born & they were raised nudist. One is now 17 (boy) & the other is 10 (girl). My wife & I both sleep nude & have no problem with either of our kids seeing us nude - getting out of bed, showering, whatever (except sex). My wife's family was always pretty open about nudity as well, but mine wasn't. It's been no big deal for us.

Well, we're nudists, so if we had kids we'd raise them as nudists so it shouldn't be a problem.

That said, we do believe in being discreet. If the nieces and nephews are visiting we are very prudish about everything.

And we'd never swing when children were around. Way too many potential problems. :)

My mom and I used to have some of our best conversations while she was in the bathtub. She was always so "on the go" but while taking a bath she was always relaxed and unhurried. Sometimes we would talk for an hour or so while she soaked in the tub and I sat fully clothes on the toilet. It never seemed at all odd to me at the time.

I thought my family were the only ones that did this!!!

:lol::lol:

My mom was a nurse and worked some pretty nasty shift work from time to time, so as you said, our best conversations were in the bathroom while one us was bathing. Like you said, it didn't seem odd to me at all, still doesn't.

However, I don't go naked in front of my son. I have no problem seeing me in bra and undies, but I still remember seeing my dad walk around in his underwear as a kid and being totally mortified....I guess I never lost that feeling.

We don't have children but our best friends do. I asked my friend her stance on her kids seeing nudity since we both sleep in the nude and her children have a habit of coming in and waking us up when we stay over.

She didn't have a problem with it - they don't have a problem with nudity themselves with their children. So we just don't make a big deal of it. The children don't seem to be inpacted at all and nudity seems very natural in their home. Once the kids go to bed, the adults all drop their clothes anyway as we are most comfortable that way.

My two youngest are 3 and 5..them I dont mind if they come in while im getting out of the shower..but out 15 year old dauther..hell no. We are a pretty open family though no need to shut doors when going to the bathroom ext ( unless guests are over)

It is not a big deal in our family. We don't go around flaunting our stuff but if someone walks in while we are getting dressed or something then it is not really a big deal.

We just moved back from Europe not too long ago and had the fortune of taking our kids to some of the naturist pools. Ther was one pool we went to that was clothed up until 6pm then you had to drop the suits. The Kids weren't sure about it at first but tried it once they saw it was not a big deal and no one was staring. They eventually asked if we could go back and we did a few times.

My kids were all in their preteen/teen ages and they felt comfortable enough to ask to go back. Just goes to show that as long as a big deal is not made out it, nudity can be fine. At least for some.

Not an issue here either. My kids are almost five and basically 7 (feb 28th) and I have no problem with them seeing me nude (getting dressed, showering) and don't forsee that I ever will. I believe that kids will only be as uncomfortable as you are, If they see you are comfortable with it they will be too. Sure my oldest asks questions sometimes and I act like they are perfectly normal questions and I answer them at his age level and move on. Nudity, in my eyes, doesn't equal sexual. I want my children to be very comfortable with their bodies and with asking me about mine and theirs. I believe this will foster that sort of environment for them.

As for the talking to my mom in the bathroom while she was in some sort of undress.....I did that also when I was a young lady. Never thought a thing about it.

My husband and I have 4 children 3 girls 1 boy we have always been open minded when it comes to being nude in front of our kids. I'm always joking around that they should have been nudist I can't keep any of the younger ones dressed for five minutes,,,,lol. But we do have a ten yr old daughter who I don't mind being seen by but we think for her age that its not appropriate for her to see dad in the nude but once in a while it just happens caught off guard but we don't make a big deal of it and neither does she. As far as the little ones they don't seem to think its a big deal and niether do we. I feel that if we are not ashamed to be seen in the nude that they will be the same and embrace their bodies rather than think its a "bad" thing.

I see nothing wrong with the kids seeing me nude. I dont run around the house naked but I have been caught by them getting out of the shower. I would not have sex in front of them, but no need to make a big deal out of a little nudity. My parents were great prudes about nudity and were always dressed felt kind of repressed when I first got married about being nude.

Guest smileytattoo

we have five kids, four of them are boys. Hubby will go from the shower to the bedroom with out a towel as long as my daughter isnt home. He doesnt care if the boys see him, he figures they arent seeing anything that they themselves dont have. Me on the other hand, I never even seen my parents in their undies let alone nude, OMG!!! So just with in the last few years hubby convinced me to not wear a bra to bed, under my night shirt. If I slept nude... well I would never get any rest. I'm just not comfortable with my kids seeing me naked. Ironically though, if my older ones want to talk about safe sex or stuff like that, they would rather come to me than their dad.

I grew up with being very openminded with regards to nudity - and also sat chatting to BOTH my parents for hours in the bathroom, as it was the only time they both sat still.

I'm sure I'll raise my kids the same one day.

I want to understand more about this idea of "rasing kids as nudists" can some of y'all please explain that one to me...

I saw a couple's add on on sight or another that mentioned they were nudists, and memtioned kids -- I was really wondering how that worked....

:confused:

THANKS!!!

I want to understand more about this idea of "rasing kids as nudists" can some of y'all please explain that one to me...

I saw a couple's add on on sight or another that mentioned they were nudists, and memtioned kids -- I was really wondering how that worked....

:confused:

THANKS!!!

Kids are taught that their bodies are "dirty" or "bad" - they'r aren't born that way. Raising them as nudists as we did meant going to nudist gatherings (parks, swims) where there were other kids & adults - all nude (well some kids had suits on). They can run around the house nude if they feel like it. They learn that there is nothing "wrong" with nudity and that it isn't something worth having a congressional hearing and major fines when someone's nipple popps out for a couple of seconds!! :nono: Europe has too many nude beaches to mention - they must have laughed their asses off at us about that.

We didn't mean in it that way, raising kids as nudists, we just want them to be comfortable with their bodies.

when our kids were younger we didnt mind them seeing us naked as they got older it changed some... we still walk around our house naked but not asmuch when they are around

We never had children. But if we had, being comfortable with one's body would have been taught to our kids through our display of comfort about ourselves.

This does not mean we would walk around nude to make the point. However, if they got a glimpse of us, I would not freak out.

LM

We have been nudists all our lives, no problem at all in the family.

I actually walked in on my mum when she was getting fucked in dogfashion. Just quietly shut the door and that was that. Later she caught me and a friend in a 69,

nothing was said.

I accidently saw my daughter fucking, it looked beautiful, of course I saw my SO many times with a cock in her, if God did not want us to fuck, he would not have given us the capability, not o mention the absolute bliss.

We have kids that are teenagers - 16 and 18. They are very shy and would just scream if they saw us nude

When I was in high school, I snuck a girl into my house and my mom walked in on us when we were having sex. Instead of closing the door and leaving (I rolled off of this girl as soon as I heard the door open) she came into the room and sat on the edge of the bed. She introduced herself and asked the girl her name. The girl of course was very embarassed and nervous at first but got comfortable after a few minutes.

My mom and her wound up chatting for about 30 minutes before she left the room after saying, "I better leave you two alone. I'm sure you have things to do."

From then on, whenever I brought that girl home we would go through the front door so she could say hi to my mom. Other girls, I would sneak in (for their benefit, not mine) and I would toss a sock into the hallway outside my door. That was my sign that I had someone in the room I did not want to interrupted with.

Even now at 44, I am not uncomfortable if my mom sees me nude. I don't walk around naked in front of her, but I won't panic if I am showering at her place and she comes in with towels or anything like that.

Years ago, someone told me that she was traumatized as a teen when her parents became Bhudists. After I asked several questions to try to figure out exactly how this religious conversion in her parents was traumatizing to herself, she said something like "well they were walking around with no clothes on!" :lol: Yeah, great listener that I was. To this day, hubby and I use the word "bhudist" as code word for "nudist."

I think it's possible for kids to see their parents nude, and vice versa, IF they (the kids) were raised as nudists by their parents. Bunny and I have been to a nudist resort (actually, they had started advertising themselves as "lifestyle friendly, so as to attract more people, although their clientele was still mainly nudist, and make no mistake, there is a HUGE difference between swingers and nudists), and saw a number of families with kids of all ages walking around in the buff, and it was no big deal.

However, if and unless you raised your kids from infancy with the idea that nudity was no big deal, and are consistent about it, it's probably not a good idea. Bunny and her daughter see each other in the buff all the time, but the kid was not raised as a nudist, so me running around the house in the buff (which I normally do if I can), is a no-no if she is home.

I reckon it all depends on how you bring up your children.

-- Bear

We were always a bit more open minded when the kids were small. I think now that daughter is 25, it's a respect thing, not a modesty thing. Bathroom doors aren't necessarily closed unless company is present, and although no one makes a habit of walking around nude, if one is seen, it does not present a panic situation. We also found it easier to tell her that we swing, instead of making up stories. Kind of hard to absolutely condem lying, and then lie ourselves about what we do. Also makes it easier when other couples call, or come over. We're all adults, it's our choice.

our kids are 7,6,5. we have never mad a big deal about nudity here. I have 2 girls and a boy. they all know that the best time to get mom and/or dads undivided and relaxed attention is when we are in the bath lol. the younger 2 still will get in the bath or shower with whom ever gets there first. Our oldest has just started prefering showers on her own.. We respect that. It isnt a strange thing for us to be naked saturday morning watching cartoons and eating cereal in the livingroom.. Its just us.

Nudity?! For me (da man) I'm not comfortable with it at all. Now let's give credit where credit is due, after all I've been married twice and in both cases, nudity between mother and children seems to be the norm. :cool: Between dad and children....its a "no no". :nono:

I was always very comfortable with nudity around the kids when they were young but I now have teenage boys and I am a lot more modest around them at this age. It wasn't a concious decision but I just found myself covering up more around them. I don't know why but it felt like the thing to do.

Nudity?! For me (da man) I'm not comfortable with it at all. Now let's give credit where credit is due, after all I've been married twice and in both cases, nudity between mother and children seems to be the norm. :cool: Between dad and children....its a "no no". :nono:

My hubby is very comfortable being nude around the kids but then again we have all boys. It might be different if we had girls.

Great thread!

Mr Jeep and I prefer to hang out nude when we are the only ones home. I have a 19 yr old daughter that is the epitome of shyness, and since I will often walk about with thong panties on and a shirt - she'll say, "Mom, do you really have to walk around like that" with a huff in her voice... (Anyone with a teenage girl knows EXACTLY what that sounds like).

For Christmas, she bought me "granny panties" - hehe

We don't get hung up on it. Our girls....now teenagers...have seen us nekkid often since they could remember. Although, puberty caused them to run the other way :lol: if they walked into the bedroom while we were getting up from sleeping nude or walking from our master bath to the bedroom.

Brett (and Tammy)

We are not modest in this house. My husband and I have just never been modest people to begin with and we are not raising our children to be ashamed of their bodies. I have three boys who are constantly bursting into our room. If I had a problem with being nekkid in front of them, well, I would be wearing the same outfit for the last 12 years :lol:

We are of the opinion that nudity is only a problem when the one or both parties expresses their discomfort being nekkid around others or others being nekkid around them. I notice that my 12 yr old isn't as quick to come running into our room anymore if he knows I am changing, but he doesn't get all embarassed if he walks in on me either (he will usually just say, "oh, your changing" and walk back out). My 5 and 2 (soon to be 3) yr olds could not care less. There are a lot of penis discussions in our household and it's just not a big deal.

We have never forced nudity on our children. We are just not uncomfortable with our bodies.

We have never forced nudity on our children. We are just not uncomfortable with our bodies.

that is the point i wanted to stress and see again. Its healthy ( IMHO) not to be ashamed about the body ect but also it is just important to incorpoate respect for personal choice as well. I think that by giving the same respect of personal privacy and choices to kids when they are younger, helps them understand other peoples choices as well. Right now, I am less and less walking around nude.. Not because I am ashamed of my body or anything like that but because my almost 6 yr old boy keeps wanting to talk about my breasts and why I have milk and no one else does. I swear the breast questions are non stop right now.. from the time he gets up until he goes to bed. We answer it all honestly but are also trying to get the point across about privacy and the proper time and place to talk about such things. We have esablished that grabbing moms titty in the middle of walmart and yelling " you have soft titties" is not an acceptable time and it is not proper to invade my "space".

Anyone with little boys or grown boys for that matter... is there light at the end of the titty tunnel?

Anyone with little boys or grown boys for that matter... is there light at the end of the titty tunnel?

Well, my husband is 34 and if he could go around grabbing other women's boobs and exclaiming how soft they are, he would be in heaven :hahaha:

Well, my husband is 34 and if he could go around grabbing other women's boobs and exclaiming how soft they are, he would be in heaven :hahaha:

my husband is also 34 and said the same thing. I guess I am just going to have to have some ice packs ready when my son gets smacked for grabbing the wrong persons boob! ::sigh::: I suppose it could be worse. He could be too afraid to ask me boob questions and just be asking his sisters ( who would make him eat snails or something)

Cheryl does not mind being nude around our children, but I don't like to. Mind you I don't like to be nude at all, since middle age spread set in.

Nudity for our family is a little different than most households. We have a 15 year old son and 12 and 8 year old girls. My wife who is a complete nudist will roam the house nude or in one of my A-Shirts only cleaning, cooking etc and nobody seems to notice. My girls never have had a problem with nudity, but my son who is now growing up so to speak often verbally tells my wife to get dressed and she complies knowing that it makes him uncomfortable. She and I both sleep nude and our son is gone on the weekends to his grand parents home so like one post I read said usually on saturday mornings, it's just the 4 of us watching tv, eating breakfast etc in the buff. Nobody makes a big deal of it. The four of us shower together at times with one another and it's just normal in our house for everyone to be free to do his/her own thing.

Also I just had to share this, my mother is a total prude and the other day she came over for a surprise visit and my wife was in her A-shirt that barley covers her butt cheeks and they were talking and my wife forgot all about her clothing and bent over and accidentally mooned my mother. She left in a huff and all I could do is laugh. :lol:

We are of two minds based on the kids. The older two boys, 20 (Lives with us) and 16 (Lives with his mother) from my first marriage do not see us nude much although the 20 year old could care less. He walked into my home office while she was standing by me nude and she got all flustered, he and I laughed like crazy at her silliness. He knows we are nudist and has no issues with us what so ever. The 16 year old is a prude; I don’t think he could handle seeing himself nude! :eek:

The younger kids, two boys 5 and 3, and one girl who is 1 go with us to the nudist camps and swim nude with us as well as find us ever time we sneak off to our own hot tub. Kids are (IMHO) nudist at birth. They have no shame drilled into them yet so they are comfortable. It’s the adults that carry the hang-ups.

I suppose this is where i explain my answer.

Well, I bathed now and then with both my kids when they were babies, my son until he was about 6 months and my daughter until she was about two.

So that is why it depends on their ages. I think most mothers have bathed with their children at one time or another, its a lot easier that way cus your going to get wet anyway, that way you both get clean.

I did nurse my daughter in front of my son, (he was 7), and had him totaly convinced that one of my boobs had chocolate milk and the other had orange juice:).

Now that they are older we are a bit more conservitive, but we did have to explain to our kids recently that summer is here and they do need to knock before entering our room or they would see something they probably didnt want to, our oldest (14) is soo cute when he blushes back to his ears.

:)Jen:)

When i grew up my mom use to walkaround in her bra and never seemed to mind at all. I used to see her changing them in front of the mirror and SHE KNEW i was watchin her

my dad was always working and eventually my mom used to just around in the nude. I never really thought about it until i told a kid at school and his mom and dad always naked.. Family secrets i guess ??? My mom had very large breasts..i dont even wanna say the size online LOL, maybe in private LOL Anyhow i guess she got out of the habit of being nude as my dad was home more ..I never thought about again until about 17 ..WOW ..

that is the point i wanted to stress and see again. Its healthy ( IMHO) not to be ashamed about the body ect but also it is just important to incorpoate respect for personal choice as well. I think that by giving the same respect of personal privacy and choices to kids when they are younger, helps them understand other peoples choices as well. Right now, I am less and less walking around nude.. Not because I am ashamed of my body or anything like that but because my almost 6 yr old boy keeps wanting to talk about my breasts and why I have milk and no one else does. I swear the breast questions are non stop right now.. from the time he gets up until he goes to bed. We answer it all honestly but are also trying to get the point across about privacy and the proper time and place to talk about such things. We have esablished that grabbing moms titty in the middle of walmart and yelling " you have soft titties" is not an acceptable time and it is not proper to invade my "space".

Anyone with little boys or grown boys for that matter... is there light at the end of the titty tunnel?[/quote

Our cat had alot of kitty's (i think 6?) thats how i found about nipples and milk ...after seeing the kittens get feed by the momma cat ..it as allll over for

me ..so my mom explained about the breast feeding baby's ... I wanted to see that also ..but didnt happen hehehe,.....wish i could be more help BiDryWallChivck....

We, our family have been to a summer nudist camp for the last 18 years and have been to various nudist family orientated resorts. Nudity has never been an issue, as a family and around our nudist friends, nudity has never been an issue.

We don't make it a point to be around our childern naked but we don't shame them either if they catch us changing/showering. We had different upbringing when it came to state of dress around our parents. Mr wiscpl never saw his parents undressed while it was normal for Mrs. wiscpl's mother and step father to be in some sort of undress. (bra, underwear etc.) Mr. wiscpl was strictly forbidden to enter his parents bedroom for what ever reason while it was not unusual for Mrs wiscpl to enter her parents bedroom at any time. While he stll believes the children do not belong in the parents bedroom she feels it is normal.

We don't want them to be ashamed of their bodies and feel comfortable about themselves and not succumb to the pressures of society. But, we don't want them to be so comfortable they start to invade the private spaces of friends or neighbors. So balancing between what is right and wrong is important for us. What we may feel is right for us is not the case for most others and they need to learn and understand that.

When my children reach an age, or level where they require privacy, I will respect their wish. I will also know that they will be uncomfortable seeing me in the nude as well. I don't mind being descrete. After it is a matter of respecting the people around you. Being a decent humanbeing. ;)