Did you experience a condom breaking or slipping off?  

808 members have voted

1. 1. Did you experience a condom breaking or slipping off?

• I do not use condoms
    • I never had any problems
    • I experienced 1 or 2 failures
    • I experienced 3 to 9 failures
    • I experienced 10 or more failures
    • if it happened - i always noticed it in time
    • if it happened - i did not notice it in time

Hello everybody,

we are new to the swinger community, but we would like to make our first experiences. We are just a little concerned about VDs when swapping, because the condom could break or slip off.

Did this happen to you?

Did you notice it?

Would you say that breaking or slip off can be avoided, when using them accurately?

Thanks!

Jenny and Marc

The only time I remember ever having a condom failure was with my ex wife. The result of the failure is now in college and lives with me. :lol:

He's a great kid working his way to being a great man.

Similar thing here - we only ever had one failure and not while swinging. She's now 19 (and moving out next summer!).

CB

We've never had either breakage or slippage happen in a swinging setting. Neither of us has ever had one break at all, but I (the Mrs.) had an occasion in my youth where one slipped off. It didn't lead to a pregnancy or a STD, though I got checked for both right away. I didn't feel it slip and my partner said he didn't either.

I think it was a case of not putting the condom on well enough.

in the beginning of our relationship, we did use condoms but after a while of being together and after being tested for everything (std, hiv, etc...) we stop using the condoms. we do enjoy the natural feel. we don't have kids and i don't cum in my woman which is another safe route as well as birth control (yes i know there is still a chance of getting her pregnant). now, when we are with someone else or another couple, yes we do use them but just between us, no we don't. be safe out there and get tested if you don't use them with other couples or people. :cool:

I've had the guy break them a few times in my lifetime and only one slip. Nothing had ever come of it in any situation. My husband had one break and one slip in a swinging situation and they were from the same box and hasn't used that brand since (I don't know which kind but they didn't have the give the others did).

I've had condoms slip off my partners before.

It has only happened twice, and both times were long and hard play sessions.

Thanks for all the answers! Just most of you forgot to mention, if you noticed the condom failure before the guy comes. Think this makes a big difference concerning VDs and pregnancy prevention.

Thanks for all the answers! Just most of you forgot to mention, if you noticed the condom failure before the guy comes. Think this makes a big difference concerning VDs and pregnancy prevention.

I noticed the faliure AFTER the fact, the few times it happened to me. :mad:

I've had one or two slip off. Both after a particularly rough session and as murphy would have it, after the fact... Nothing ever came of it though.

I've had this happen in a couple of sexual experiences with DIFFERENT guys for different reasons...

1. allowed dick to soften while still inside me, so when he pulled out, the condom stayed - not too big a deal

2. we were going really hard and wild and somewhere in the process it stayed in when he pulled out. No idea when it fell out, and it was no fun hunting for it.

In both cases, obviously we didn't know it was off till after the fact. In the first case, it really didn't matter since he HAD cum in the condom. The second one was well SCARY!

I have a couple thoughts... One, the ones I bought in collage only came in boxes of 12 and my son is from round #13, a record for me after the first wife and I were out drinking in collage one night. He's the best mistake I ever made and I would relive that night anytime my old age and stamina could handle it. :lol:

Second, I'm now snipped after 5 children and do not use condoms between us. We do insist that they be used with others and that he too be snipped as she is not on the pill. Makes the hunt for partners harder but that's the way it is.

The only failure I've ever had was when putting one on once it broke. I pitched the box and opened a new one.

I have only had that happen to me once... now I have a 5 year old soccer player who thinks the world revolves around him. Hubby and I didn't notice that the condom broke until after the fact.

I had it happen last week. I am not 'safe'. The wife of this couple is very fertile. A real sinking feeling..but almost erotic at the same time..

Guess I am the odd duck but had a partner that used condoms and HATED it.

Which is why when we get together with others we know them very well and trust them ... yuck I can still remember the taste of a condom in my mouth.

I think if I did go out to clubs and have sex/swinging with people I did not know then in all likelyhood I would tell my partner to use a condom.

This just happened to us during a swinging session. Condom slipped off and did not notice. After the fact, it was time to play "find the condom". Well, we found it however I was sore the next day.

I have one experience and some info I'd love to share with every man here. I guess I was just plain stupid, but once with a partner I had achieved a small orgasm. It was not a large orgasm and I only ejaculated a small amount of sperm, but it was enough that the condom became very slippery on my penis and as she began to dry a bit, it was sticking to her and slipping from me, I need not give physics lessons, but guys if you have any ejaculate or even a lot of pre-ejaculate, it is best to stop activities and replace condom. We both were tested and showed each other the results......pheeeeeeew. She was one I trusted, but I like to be safe.

Again, moral of my story, any ejaculate or a lot of pre-ejaculate and you feel the condom slipping on your shaft....time for tire change. you could get loose and take a spill in turn 4 at high speeds.

Can remember 2 occasions, once with my wife when one of those expensive polyurethane condoms just disintegrated for no apparent reason, the other with a swing partner possibly due to contamination with a vegetable oil based massage lotion attacking the latex. On both occasions we did not realize until it was too late (but there were no consequences).

I have been lucky so far. Never has a condom broke on me.

Always use lubricant designed for sex, not Vaseline!

You all probably know that already.

With my regular lovers we don't use condoms but in high school I wasn't on the pill and I was very careful about using condoms and I don't remember but one time when a condom failed. In my freshman year of college I had unprotected sex with a man who was 28 and I got pregnant. I've been married to him since.

Luckily, the only ones that I have broken were with my wife, and we noticed 2 of the 3 times (kinda hard and heavy play) but we were playing with one of our regular couples and his broke, but he broke it AND realised it just before he came. Made for an interesting show.

Never in swinging as i dont have intercourse (and dont force anyone to use them for oral!)

but a couple of times with a former BF who insisted on buying the XXL Magnum size......and he WASN'T..........they slipped right off

poor guy

A couple have slipped off Mr. LFM while having sex. I don't think any have ever broke.

No consequences, though. :)

We had two consecutive failures and I got pregnant. Luckily we were married just not quite ready to have our second child yet. I guess the Universe thought otherwise, and it was right ;)

Since you bring that up, (no pun intendend :) ) I've got to think we shouldn't be swinging with people we don't trust to be clean. Hmm. You've made me think... Darn it!

Thanks,

Hubby

I’ve had two failures. First time I was single and used one that did not have a reservoir end. My girlfriend at the time and I were going so hard that I did not pull out right after I climaxed. The result was it stayed in her when I pulled out. We both laughed about it at the time, but it was a worry for both of us for a few weeks.

The second time was with my wife. Again it was a situation where we just enjoyed each other too long and it stayed behind. Nothing happened that time, but on another occasion we did not use one and ended up with a surprise. It was in one of those too hot to stop moments. He is now out of college and one of the best things to happen to us.

I guess the moral is to not linger too long after the big moment. But then again, one hates to leave too soon. lol

Well, I'm going through this right now. My thread is on Situational Help called "condom broke..." Long story short, we had our first full swap experience Saturday night with a couple we've been playing with and a few minutes into he and I going at it, the condom broke. He caught it before he came but now I'm terrified, his wife is terrified and it's all crazy. That is the only form of birth control I use because of the hormones in all the others so I'm freaking out.

I know reading this thread where all you guys have had "surprises" after a breakage is not making me feel any better. :(

On top of that I think I deserve the stupid award because hubby and I had unprotected sex later that night but he didn't come in me. After the thing happened with the condom breaking I was pretty upset and needed to feel my husbands skin. It just makes it doubly difficult because if I do happen to be pregnant, I won't know who the father is. I'm just praying for aunt flo to visit around August 1st.

couple430 said:
but on another occasion we did not use one and ended up with a surprise. It was in one of those too hot to stop moments. He is now out of college and one of the best things to happen to us.

:lol: Been there, done that! 1st wife and I went to frat party and then back to her room, 13 times that night we played, dang if they could have only given me a bakers dozen in that box!! He is 21 now and never regretted it!

Not a condom failure but a failure in judgement. Well, guess I have to admit to being human now. :mad:

We once had a a condom slip off, and this was 2 years before we were married. We didn't notice it until it was over and he pulled out later. That was 2 years before we got married. I think if any think happen we would of been married the same year.

We had it happen only once with a guy with a very thick cock. It sure looked like it was on right before he went in my wife. However, when he came out, it wasn't any where to be seen! She really was into the guy, maybe she knew how to unroll it to make it feel better.

No harm done. I gotta admit, I had fun fishing for it afterwards.

Guest Woodpecker

For some reason we've had it happen many times. I think it's just misfortune. I've never noticed until afterwards. Fortunately, we've had to issues as a result.

Ann

From a man's view: There is no comparison to the feel of a warm wet pussy. I have had several break and I knew it immediately. There is no comparing the feeling of a woman to the feeling of Firestone. It may just be that condoms generally fit too tight also, but I can tell. Mrs. Cpl also says that she can feel the difference (at least with me).

It's happened to me once. When it happened, i asked the guy to please change the condom. He did and i have a feeling he knew that it had popped too. He was a single dude and i think he wanted to see if he could get away with it. No biggie, he just had to get another one. Then we continued doing what we were doing.

Nope, never had a problem. I have an ampallang and Prince Albert piercing and have never had a breakage even though there are diamonds set in each end of the amp which can be a little rough. Dunno what some of you guys do to break 'em! As for slipping off, maybe the piercings do a good job of holding the condom in place:lol: as that has never been a problem either. Must admit we use lube, and the right kind either water-based or silicon, so maybe that accounts for the lack of failure.

It's happened to us four times:

- Twice between myself and my wife while we were dating. Both times we did the Morning after pill as she wasn't on the pill at the time. After the second time she went on the pill.

- Once during a swap with another couple the guy felt the condom broke. He changed it right away.

- Once where I was fucking an extremely tight woman where I felt the condom break. I changed it right away.

We've had Inspiral condoms slip off twice it's the only brand we've had trouble with. We will avoid that brand from now on.

I have only had the condom break once with a girl i was dating, she just told me not to worry about it and we just continued without one. Otherwise, no problems. I think it broke becasue she wasn't wet enough or something, or since she supplyed it, it may have been outdated. Oh well, live and learn.

We had a condom break on our first swap...the other lady was having her monthly visitor and Jeff thought that would be enough lubrication...it obviously wasn't and it broke. Not to get too gross, but blood is kind of tacky/sticky when it's starting to dry and some condoms may not hold up to that...make sure to have some lube handy...and actually use it if playing in those conditions. lol

Maria :kissface:

I've got a short but fat dick and condoms just don't seem to be made for that combination. I've found that a tight rubber cock ring helps.

Only once. We just had our second son and didn't want anymore. I was using them until I could get a vascetomy. Low and behold I broke thru one. I was scared but real proud. Now I see it's a lot more common. All these years and now my ego is taken down a notch. Oh well.....

Happened more than a few times during hard and rough play. I am always on my birth control so not worried about that part, but it's a concern for std's. So far no consequence. I am a bit suspicious though because 3 of those times were with the same guy.

We once experienced such a situation. My wife and I were in a group party with 5 other men one of which had never been with a woman before. After playing with many of them she became very excited with the idea of "inaugurating" this guy and introducing him to the pleasures of sex. However, in the heights of their enthusiasm, and maybe because his lack of experience, he broke his condom, only did not tell her and continued until he came inside her unnoticed. She became very pissed off and stopped playing at once to the dismay of the others, some of whom had already made sex with her but not all of them. That was our only time along 10-odd years in the lifestyle.

It happened to me 3 times, once in my early 20's with my boyfriend at the time, it split and some cum went inside of me, but not his whole load. We sweated it out for a few weeks, but greatfully I did not get pregnant. One time at a club as I was was placinf it over his erection, I got a fingernail that punctured it on the side and we switched it off and one time a guy pulled out and it had slipped off inside of me, with his help we dug it out of my vagina, but he had not cum yet so all was cool. He had lubed his cock before the condom on and I guess it was just too much lube.

Only experienced a condom slipping off in me once and my partner had taken care to put it on correctly. Maybe it was defective or could have been the wrong type of lube.

We've experienced condom failure twice with the same couple. Once it was Mr. Doe, once Mr. Other Man. It's also happened to me before, with several partners. One of these days I'll find a more reliable non-latex alternative.

We've had a couple of slip off, I think usually due to staying in for too long after we cum. I've had a few breakages as well not sure why. No worries about pregnancy though as I have had a vasectomy.

Coming off has happened to me 3 times, I think... Twice with a guy I was dating last year who had a tendency to go for way too long (he was a master at putting off his own orgasm which I eventually managed to convince him is not always a good thing) - one time it actually came off in me and I had to fish it out which is something I hope never to experience again the other time he could feel it slipping and held it in place so we didn't lose it. The third time was with hubby on one of those days when his penis got tired. :( lol It was probably the 3rd or 4th session of the day so he didn't stay as hard as he normally does after orgasm.

I have had one experience with a condom breaking and that was with my first wife right after we got married. At that time I didn't know that you were supposed to lubricate condoms. Hey give me a break I was 19. Other than that the only issue that I have had was loosing an erection while trying to put on a condom. A friend advised me to test drive different condoms for fit, since I did that I have not had any issues.