Guest drysmail@yahoo.com

Can a woman get STD's/HIV from a man giving her oral sex? What are the odds?

Can a woman give a man STD's when giving him oral sex? What are the odds?

The chances are lower of you (a guy) getting an STD from a woman giving you oral sex than pretty much any other sexual activity. Unless you have an open sore on your cock for her saliva to enter. Basically, when a woman is giving oral sex she is the one who is at the most risk.

When you give oral sex to a woman, however, you do open yourself up to the risk of STD's including AIDS. Many STD's cause some sort of sore, if you come in contact with this sore then your risk of "catching" that STD is quite high. If you have any sore on or in your mouth when you give her oral sex that increases your chances of getting any std that she might have.

Basically any transmission of bodily fluids with someone who has an STD can put you at risk for being infected.

Your best bet is to always use protection (either a condom or dental dam depending on the activity). An easy answer to a dental dam if you can't find one is to use saran wrap.

For more info on STD's check out...

What Are STDs? | Sexually Transmitted Diseases Information

The highest chances of either of those scenarios occuring are in the instances where either of you have open sores (either him on his dick if you are giving oral sex or you on your pussy if you are receiving). STD's can travel in saliva. Of course if he comes in your mouth your chances of recieving and STD from him are highly increased.

Does anyone know exactly what the chances are of catching an STD from unprotected oral sex?

For example, is Hepatitis B more of a danger that HIV etc,?

If a man is giving a woman oral sex can she get anything from him? I understand the chances for him is greater but can she get anything just from his mouth?

Hate to tell ya, but yes you can. A friend of mine went with a man (oral sex only) and he had a fever blister. Well that fever blister was not just a fever blister it was herpes and yes she got it.

Two of the most common recurrent oral lesions are fever blisters (also called cold sores) and canker sores (aphthous ulcers). When they occur in the mouth, it may be difficult to distinguish one from the other. Since the treatment and cause of these two sores are completely different, it is extremely important to know which is which.

What are fever blisters?

These are common names for fluid filled blisters that commonly occur on the lips. They also can occur in the mouth, particularly on the gums and roof of the mouth (hard palate), but this is rare. Fever blisters are usually painful; in fact, the pain may precede the appearance of the lesion by a few days. The blisters rupture within hours, then crust over. They last about 7-10 days.

Fever blisters result from a herpes simplex virus which becomes active. This virus is latent (dormant) in afflicted people, but can be activated by conditions such as stress, fever, trauma, hormonal changes, and exposure to sunlight. When lesions reappear, they tend to form in the same location.

Can Fever Blisters Be Spread?

Yes, the time from blister rupture until the sore is completely healed is the time of greatest risk for spread of infection. The virus can spread to your own eyes and genitalia, as well as to other people.

Cankor Sores:

Canker sores (also called aphthous ulcers) are small, shallow ulcers occurring on the tongue, soft palate, or inside the lips and cheeks. They are quite painful, and usually last 5-10 days.

Can Canker Sores Be Spread?

No, since they are not caused by bacteria or viral agents, they cannot be spread locally or to anyone else. Just some surfing tidbits...John.

According to Sue on the Sunday Night Sex Show, AIDS can be spread through oral genital contact. This really, really makes me wanna say NO ORAL SEX to anyone but Hubby. And I beg him to keep the same policy.

Originally posted by Blacklightphantasy:

According to Sue on the Sunday Night Sex Show, AIDS can be spread through oral genital contact. This really, really makes me wanna say NO ORAL SEX to anyone but Hubby. And I beg him to keep the same policy.

I have been reading your posts and I'm puzzled? You said no kissing, now you say no oral, what do you do when you swing? Just trying to understand where the fun is, if you decline all the fun stuff?

Flori_DAMAN said:
Can Fever Blisters Be Spread?

Yes, the time from blister rupture until the sore is completely healed is the time of greatest risk for spread of infection.

HELP

My question is, can this be spread at the time of just knowing one is on the way, when it is forming, or before the blister pops? :confused:

I sometimes get fever blisters (courtesy of my EX-hubby) :sad: .

I am extremely careful to not kiss anybody once I start feeling a blister begin.

Other question is, should I inform potential playmates that I get cold sores from time to time? Obviously I would never consider playing orally or kissing while I had one. But am I safe to play when I'm blister free?

Here's hoping I have lost the swinging opportunity before I could get started.

When I went to the SA Aids clinic for testing the last time they told me there has only been one case of aids from oral sex and the man had just had dental surgery. As you may have guessed, I believe if you are sexually active and don't practice safe sex 100% of the time, it's always a good idea to get checked regularly.

yesplease said:
When I went to the SA Aids clinic for testing the last time they told me there has only been one case of aids from oral sex and the man had just had dental surgery. As you may have guessed, I believe if you are sexually active and don't practice safe sex 100% of the time, it's always a good idea to get checked regularly.

If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you believe the military, nothing is safe. -- Lord Salisbury

HELP

My question is, can this be spread at the time of just knowing one is on the way, when it is forming, or before the blister pops?

I am extremely careful to not kiss anybody once I start feeling a blister begin.

Other question is, should I inform potential playmates that I get cold sores from time to time? Obviously I would never consider playing orally or kissing while I had one. But am I safe to play when I'm blister free?

There is no 100% safe time with herpes, either oral or genital. You can shed the virus and have no idea that you are contagious. It is called asymptomatic shedding. You can transfer from mouth to mouth, or mouth to genitals.

You probably should inform potential playments but I wonder how many people do?

TnJ2Play said:
There is no 100% safe time with herpes, either oral or genital. You can shed the virus and have no idea that you are contagious. It is called asymptomatic shedding. You can transfer from mouth to mouth, or mouth to genitals.

You probably should inform potential playments but I wonder how many people do?

For a little more info about herpes see Safe Sex Post

I'm curious since we have not had our first experience yet. If you have a soft swing with another couple and choose to be safe and not have oral sex, do you and the other partner you are swinging with just kind of take care of each other manually?

You could do a little exhibitionistic play as well. Massage is great, so is breaking out the sex toys. Condoms and dental dams allow for so much more fun. If you can't find dental dams try Saran Wrap and some water-based lube. I only wish we were back in the day when condoms weren't so necessary but flavoured ones make bj's with sexy near strangers more possible. Banana and strawberry flavours are actually quite nice.

I use them with my traveling sweeties. :)

Thanks, good advice. I've been trying to go over things in my mind on what to do in these situations. I want to have an idea how to handle things as they arise and not be totally clueless.

STD's makes sex fearfull, but if a group of about 5 to 20 clean STD free couples got together and stayed with in their group, then STD's would not be a problem....

Wanna move to a "New Planet" somewhere and start a conlony?

What are the chances or getting a std from a bj with a cavity in the mouth? Anyone know?

On a radio talk show yesterday a person who is an AIDs activist said there have been no documented cases of AIDs transmission via oral sex, but since oral sex is usually followed by intercourse it may be difficult to be 100% sure.

Well this is taking all the fun out of it. So to be safe, you can only fuck with a condom and no kissing or oral?

If my wife is having intercourse with a man with a condom, can he shed the herpes virus to her just from his surrounding pubic area to her pubic area. My understanding is "yes" if he's within his first year of exposure. Is this true? This is also her understanding from the latest medical journals. Lets just say she is a medical professional.

This would mean no sex even with condoms.!!!!??? :sad:

The only option left is full body latex suits or people just giving each other hand jobs.

Are hand jobs 100% safe??

The only option left is full body latex suits or people just giving each other hand jobs.

Are hand jobs 100% safe??

There's always the risk of Carpal Tunnel.

:lol:

:lol: every sport has it's injuries eh Vespertine?

STD's will be with us forever. Once an innoculation (I'm sure there is a better word) for AIDS has been found there will be some other STD scaring people. And you can be sure that a new deadly STD will replace AIDS in the not too distant future... Should we all run and hide and stop having sex? I don't think so. Risk management is the name of the game, use protection to suit your fears and enjoy the ride. If you are to be the unlucky 0.1% (sucked out of my thumb, don't quote me) that contracts HIV from oral sex then so be it.

the best option seems to be to have agreements with a circle of couples that pledge not to have contact oustside that group. To get in the group you must not have had contact with anyone for say, like a year and have clean records.

Then it could be truly fun with ladies taking bodily fluids and full unrestricted oral. People that are not concerned about their health is not a turn on for me

The problem with a closed group is that it takes one person to infect the whole group. With incubation periods of 3 months and longer it is impossible to test for HIV and be safe when playing.

Lots more trust required there than I'd give anyone...

What a great thread! We have not experienced any swinging yet but reading this thread has made me very uneasy! In the heat of the moment, which I assume happens while with another couple just as it does between a couple, does it spoil the "moment" to run to the kichen to tug on some saran wrap?

I know a lot of people say they've been tested for HIV/Aids but i've heard that you could be tested today and be clean but 4 or 5 years down the road it can appear! And I guess in turn, you could have affected people you had been in contact with at that time. Has anyone heard this or is it just a bad dream? This is some scary stuff!!! :eek:

Can I ask, for the women, what's oral sex like when you are receiving with saran wrap or the dam they speak of???

Guest theCHERRYSs

We are just getting back after an extrememly long hiatus. The topic of safe sex has always been one that the group (swing club) we belong to hasn't touched much. I want to try the dental dam (giving and receiving) but am not sure how it would make the woman I am intimate with feel. Anyone out there ever had one used on them or has anyone used one on someone else? What was the outcome? Also, fella's.....how does it feel to get a b/j with a condom on???

Between marriages, I had a live-together that went on for 2+ years...

She decided to sign onto a research study. This was about 1989 or so. It was a test of different female condoms.

My general reaction was that they ALL bothered the crap outta my penis !!!

As for her wearing an inverted glad-bag while I ate her... BULLSHIT !!!

What a total crock.

Reason took a sebatical somewhere along the highway...

All of life involves risk ~ ain't none of us gettin' out of it alive !!!

If it comes down to enjoying a tasty pussy versus pretending it's more fun than tongueing a hunk of calve's liver - guess what I'm gonna pick (and it isn't my nose !!!) ;)

I can't imagine the "barrier" or "dental dam" is all that great for the clit being poorly tongued, either !!!

NOW, in a swinging circle, "trust" is paramount (whether mounting is involved, or not) !!!

curiousRI said:
Can I ask, for the women, what's oral sex like when you are receiving with saran wrap or the dam they speak of???

Mr LM tried saran wrap on me and his tongue went right through it. I don't think you can count on it as a good barrier method. Also, it was very difficult to keep in place while trying to perform oral.

We felt the dental dam was too small to be effective, although it was stronger and didn't break.

With barriers I did not feel the sensations I'm used to enjoying. I don't feel I'm as sensitive to oral as most woman, and this may have played a role in my dissatisfaction with the barriers.

I'd suggest trying them out. You may find they work great for you.

does it spoil the "moment" to run to the kitchen to tug on some saran wrap?

It could, but the wise thing to do is keep all supplies within reach if possible. I keep my playbag with condoms nearby and I find ways to bring them out and put them on my playmate in a fun and sexy way. I never act embarrassed or bothered by choosing to apply a condom.

I was concerned about oral and transmission of STDs when I began investigating swinging. At that time I thought we'd be swinging with new people each month. That has not happened and I'm very happy about that. Our first couple has become our regular playmates, we are theirs as well. We've only played with one other couple.

Risk is always a factor, but we prefer oral without barriers and will always do our best to screen our playmates, as we would any person if we were single and dating in the vanilla world.

If you decide to take the "plunge" and go bareback for oral sex, I would suggest that you NOT brush your teeth for 6 hours prior to engaging. When you brush your teeth, you may cause gum bleeding (an open path to your blood stream). I believe the mouth heals faster than almost any other part of your body, so the lag between brushing and "eating at the Y" might lessen the chances of getting something other than an orgasm.

I personally do not engage in oral sex if I have a cavity that needs filling just to be on the safe side. It makes for a very good reason to go to the dentist! ::P:

I know a lot of people say they've been tested for HIV/Aids but i've heard that you could be tested today and be clean but 4 or 5 years down the road it can appear!

Conventional testing only catches aids infection reliably after 6 months(though it will catch most cases earlier than that). There are some newer tests(NAAT) that can catch 5-10% more cases(available in San Francisco and North Carolina).

The only way to _really_ tell if someone has been tested is for them to take the test in front of you-or someone you trust. Anonymou mail order tests are fairly cheap these days($30 or so). That is a reasonable precaution for a club situation or a couples get together-but it isn't a replacement for condoms-just another risk reduction. Now, the thing is that testing will remove a lot of the risk from bareback oral sex. If you get the NAAT test, the risk is even lower. Also if you are in a crow that all regularly practice safer sex-your risk goes down lower than if you are in the general population.

I have no idea if this is true but when I was tested for HIV I was told by the nurse there has never been a reported case of female to female passage of HIV except for 6 cases that the females engaged in SM where there was blood....

whtnblkdelight, I have heard the same thing many times.

i also have heard and read it is very unlikely to get HIV if the guy does NOT cum in the girls mouth. she would be far more at risk if there was cum in her mouth. but im still scared of pre-cum. the guy wearing a condom while she gives head is probably NOT an option and i dont blame the guys for that.

my wife is pretty scared of getting any STD's and pregnant so we are searching for any info possible.

From what I know if a woman is giving a man a "BJ" without a condom on he is at risk of getting STD, yes you can get std by mouth BJ you don't have to have direct sex to get STD its well known now as "The Cheating Disease"..how else are all these men getting caught when they only had a BJ but they in turn passes it to their wife/GF without known to the man he has just told on himself.

When I was bi-curious about oral, I was so afraid of acting on my feelings b/c of what I had heard regarding STD's among MM activity....

Luckily a couple I met, the male was in the same position as me...having never tried mm oral before...it helped me get over my nervousness...

I would still rather share oral with a male/female couple vs being alone with bi guy who MIGHT have been around more risky activity....To date, I've been with 2 bi couples....sometimes it's frustrating though when I'm in the mood for mm b/c of my old fears