Ok everyone, question?

What's a good way to break the ice when swinging? It seems when we meet a nice couple and we all know everyone is interested, we never know how to make a move? The times you're just hanging out in the living room talking. I always find it hard to make the first move in case I seem too pushy to someone. Just because I hate pushy, handsy people myself. Hubby usually doesn't have a problem. He just make a joke of "getting busy".....which often leads to putting people on the spot.

Of course the best swinging experiences we have had have been spontaneous, hot n' steamy with no weird feelings. But there have been some awkward times for us and we always look back and try to figure out what could have done to broken the ice.

Do you guys have some good ice breakers? :):confused:

Guest Mr&Mrs-naughty

I am usually the one who breaks the ice. If I/we know all are interested I will just bring it up. Sometimes with words. I will bring up the subject of swinging & sex. After all it is how we met. I have found it kind of weird how we can meet someone thru swinging and everyone knows (or at least has a pretty good idea) that everyone is interested but everyone is afraid to bring it up.

I will give myself an internal pep talk. My internal pep talk pretty much consists of telling my self "self, how long are we going to play these silly little games? We met for sex, we are all getting along so just make the move. Its not like we met in church." If it turns out they are not interested then they shouldn't be offended. like I said that is how we met.

Not sure why that is. But it happens more often than not.

Sometimes I will start giving the female half of the couple a foot rub & then take it from there.

If we are with a single male I will ask him to help me give mrs naughty a massage.

But that has only happened once. Usually if we get to the point that a single male actually shows up its Game On!

We're still pretty new and also struggling with this bit.

I do feel that someone who (like you it seems) are concious of other people's feelings are not very likely to be pushy. And can easily push themselves a little. If no-one takes the lead, everyone will hang back untill it feels too wierd to go forward. At these times an adult game or something can work nicely, but are a little clinical, and we try to avoid them if possible...

I prefer the spontaneous situations, they are way better...

We have this same problem, just this last Saturday we were talking to a couple we have known for some time and because we had been out late the night before and we were kind of tired we said we were going to go home. Right away the male of the couple said "don't you guys want to play tonight?". Well we changed plans right quick and had one of the best nights we can remember. My point is that we haven't yet figured out this part either and it isn't unusuall for us to find out after a couple has moved on that they were originally interested in us but we didn't see the signs. So for us I hate to say it usually takes the direct approach because it seems like we suck at the suttle methods.

I know what you mean about people who are to pushy too. Friday night this couple aproached us at the club and my wife and I were interested at first but the guy was a little full of himself when interacting with Mrs. GT and the more he talked the less interested she became. Then he started getting pushy and I new it was over for them because that is a definite deal killer for us. I am reasonably certain that having this attitude toward pushy people ourselves is one of the reasons we find it very hard to be the instigators when hooking up with other couples.

With us being fairly new in this lifestyle.we have the same problem ...but not with just new couples also couples we have met & had fun times with before. Usually when we meet a couple again it is either at the club, hanging out or playing cards and never sure what they want to do so we usually wait for them to make the first move. We know this isn't really fair to them just never sure what's appropriate, don't want to just assume anything....SO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

The times your just hanging out in the living room talking. I always find it hard to make the first move in case I seem too pushy to someone.
We frequently host other coupes at our home, so we are pretty experienced in this situation. We understand how awkward it might seem to suddenly suggest having sex while you’re in the middle of a conversation. Your best bet is to wait for that brief pause that usually happens when you switch topics in an extended conversation. Before the new topic can begin, simply say, “So, shall we retire to the bedroom?” That usually works very well, especially if you’ve been chatting for more than 45 minutes. You shouldn’t worry about putting people “on the spot,” because they came over to your place to have sex in the first place, right?

wow. this is a huge problem and nobody, including myself, has a definite answer.

I think it all comes down to the open line of communication, that we all should have, if we started down this road in the first place.

I think little things like sitting close to your "friends" instead of next to your own partner when on the sofa aids in bringing the closeness into the situation. From there... a good massage from a friend is always good... while the others continue talking... and eventually come forth. It seems more natural and less orchestrated...make sense?

And you know what breaks the ice very well, good old fashioned, honest compliments.... it is all in the approach....but this is just from a girl's point of view... the mr. says, just suck it up and go for it... how romantic...

I wonder if we don't miss something here. We all managed to get hooked up to a partner at some stage. We all at some stage managed to kiss girls/guys by giving and following the right signals, the rest is easy...

So what I'm thinking, why are we so wary of being pushy? This certainly is the reason this is such a common problem. Although we know the limits, and would not step over them, we still hang back when a move of some sort would be appreciated, and is often wanted... I am just as guilty of this, but I have made the choice to re-learn that skill, I am struggling, but I'll get there...

We've encountered the same thing....

We usually end up talking and talking and talking until we realize how late it is!

Since most of our experiences have been with the same couple, we all know that we'll end up talking for hours if someone doesn't take charge. It's really nice to know a couple that we get along with so well, but at first it was a little awkward getting things started.

Now it seems like all we need is a suggestion to get naked... :)

Of course, things are a little different with new acquaintances. We're still unsure of how to get things started if everyone seems interested. Talking about fantasies, or things we would like to try seems like a move in the right direction.

That was always one of the hardest things for me as well. The sitting around the living room... now what? ... feeling. If you are all there with the purpose that something is going to happen then someone has to take the lead. If you invite folks back to your place then have a plan....

Have a game ready...

Grab the other female and head off to your room, returning with some toys... or return changed into sexy negligees... that will get things moving.

When you sit down in the living room to chat, always make sure that you are sitting next to the person from the other couple... don't sit cpl vs. cpl.... sit Wife 1 with Husband 2 and vice versa.

What has always lead one thing into another with vanilla friends and has worked for us is putting in some background music with a beat. In no time I'll be wiggling to the beat...then usually I take my drink and start dancing in the living room...then grab the others guys hand and make him dance with me...or my dancing on him. It usually doesn't take much after that for us.

Breaking the ice...that is a hard one........usually if things are kinda stagnated with us,we just slowly start making out.....lol....they usually get the message and do the same..this leads to the main event usually........and it's not pushy....has worked well for us..... :fun: ......D&S

For one couple that the female was bi curious we used a set of dice and let the ladies take turns rolling while we just sat back and enjoyed the view. Thier was two dice one had a location on the body and one had an action like lick, suck, massage,etc. They had a great time and so did we watching. One thing led to anouther and befor we knew it the sun was comming up and everyone was looking for the clothes they came with.

Wow is this a universal problem. No wonder most swinging takes place in the wee hours. Our approach is simple. If they are a couple we both like, I'll discreetly tell the male half that "we'd love to play with them". My spouse will do the same with theirs. Then we'll let them have some time to themselves to discuss their interest.

Play a drinking sex game called quarters. It's hilarious, fun and filled with fantasy fulfilment:

On a 5 pieces of paper each participant secretly writes 5 things they want the another person to do to or with them. Be specific (strip for me, eat me until I cum, do me in the ass, watch me masturbate, I want both men for a DP, etc...)

Then, fold the papers and put in a bowl for random drawing. Establish who is a possible sex partner.

Everyone gets a quarter, you put a glass in the sink. Draw for turns and establish an order. With each quarter toss, all can have a swig of a cocktail, if you want to add alcohol to your party. To toss the quarter, you bounce off the counter and try to land it in the glass. Keep rotating turns (and drinking) until some lucky participant gets one in the glass.

They then draw from the papers. If they draw themselves or someone or an incorrect one, then keep drawing.

What a nice surprise when you have to do something on the paper with someone else. Limit each activity somewhat, or else no one else will get a turn!!!!!!!! The anticipation and surprise will get your heart pumping.

After a few draws, you'll end up with an orgy or a great time.

We always have a set of "sexy dice" on hand to use if things don't progress naturally. They are the ones where one die has an action and one has a body part. Give them to one of your dates, and have them toss them. They will have something like KISS NECK. They usually don't make top many rounds ;)

She can be quite the talker, guess it's nervousness. I usually say "if everyone's still comfortable do we still want to play".

For us, we had a really fun ice breaker, we were with friends of ours who we swing with, but at the time we were not sure what to do to get things started so we decided to play truth or dare, it started out light at first, and get more and more risque as the game went on, till we ended up having alot of fun.

We frequently entertain in our home as the kids are all off on their own now. Somewhere after the second drink or thirty minutes whichever comes first, one of us or our companions will yell "Who is the biggest slut?" The first one nekkid wins! We usually play in a small group of 3-6 couples so no one feels singled out if they are new.

The easiest way that we found to break the ice was by starting with a nice shoulder rub. It has been non invasive, we know what we are there for but it gets things rolling nice and easy. After a long week at work, what's better than a good shoulder massage?!?!?

We are fairly new to swinging, but here is how we were "broken in" the first time. Both of the ladies were bi/bi-curious, and, after a little chat time, the friends wife took my wife into the bedroom, and after about 5 or 10 minutes, the guys were "invited" in. Walking into the bedroom and seeing these fine ladies enjoying each others' company was enough to get things rolling. Ok, well, we didn't jump right in. We watched for a while! Then we jumped right in! What helped us was the other couple was experienced, were totally at ease, and it seems to me that if the ladies are bi/curious, they can get things rolling if left to themselves for a bit. Of course, like the other posts, everyone knew why we were all there in the first place. By the way, that was the best birthday ever!

couplentulsa said:

I hate pushy, handsy people myself.....Hubby usually doesnt have a problem. He just make a joke of "getting busy".....which often leads to puting people on the spot.

Do you guys have some good ice breakers? :):confused:

Getting "handsy" IS my strategy. :lol: But then again I define handsy as holding someone's hand, hugging, looking into their eyes, really listening and rubbing shoulders and patting backs. Could that work for you as well? If someone seems a bit uncomfortable with it I usually know just when to stop, but I find people wanting a bit more and returning my affections which leaves me in a place to decide whether to try and take it further or not. Many times it's just friendly flirtation but it EFFECTIVELY gets the warm vibes flowing in the group.

You've got to be open and friendly with EVERYBODY to get away with this sort of behaviour of course. Which I do. :kissface:

Hope I've been of help!

We have found that a little separation helps a lot. My wife will put the snacks in the kitchen, but sit in the living room. It is easy for the other guy to follow her there when she goes for snacks. I find things in other rooms to do. When we are alone with the other's spouse, things can get pretty hot pretty fast if that is what they are there for. It is not as easy to start a nice hug and deep kiss if we are all together. Once we get this going, getting things rolling as a group usually happens real fast.

I like that separate rooms strategy. :kissface:

Love the idea of having to get someone all warmed up without all the awkwardness of "being watched"...I'm far more outgoing than Sir Mike and sometimes I feel like I am the one setting the tone. :rolleyes:

Good one!

:)

stoutgatte said:
I wonder if we don't miss something here. We all managed to get hooked up to a partner at some stage. We all at some stage managed to kiss girls/guys by giving and following the right signals, the rest is easy...

Exactly right! We were just discussing this the other day- and I think it is like 'courting' new date. The best thing to do is do it when it feels right. I think having open lines of communication with your spouse is first, and just making the move. You know what they say:

"Unless your here after what I'm here after, you'll be here after I'm gone!" :lol:

Not that I mean to be harsh to anyone... but it is just like sales (which is what I do for a living) " Ya know Mr. Jones, I have the best widget in town! I would just like to know if you think we are fit for your company. If we aren't then I would like to know right now. Either way, we part as friends, but if we are a fit, then lets start celebrating our new relationship!"

Again, no one ever got anywhere without asking for it!

The last time we had a woman visit our home for a threesome, we hit that awkward stage. I finally announced I was going to take a shower and began unbuttoning as I walked towards the bathroom. I removed my clothes, turned on the shower and then returned to where they were sitting. I told our guest that we have a very larger shower and invited them to join me. That was all it took and soon we were all soaping each other's bodies and scrubbing backs. That proved to be the most erotic time of a very erotic evening.

Here is our personal situation...if someone has some advice please reply. We are hitting it off with another couple we have known for quite some time. Recently, my wife and the other husband have been hanging all over each other at the bar. I am fine with it. They each have an obvious attraction. My dilemma is that I don't know if the same attraction exists with me and the other wife. She is hot, but when I go to kiss her, she kind of "turns the cheek." I think I should talk to my buddy, the other husband, and bring things out in the open. My wife and I think they are hot and would be comfortable with going to the next level. Should I talk man to man with the other husband and bring things out? Or just invite them over into the hot tub and just let things happen with no previous planning for play?

I would simply say to the lady, "You turn your cheek when I start to kiss you. Would you rather not be doing this?"

Communication and honesty are the keys to successful swinging.

You know

WE had the SAME experience this weekend. We went out for dinner and drinks with a couple we talked with online. TONS of things in common, same age, the whole nine - but once we got back to our place it was as if no one really knew what we were all there for. True it was the first time we ever met them so maybe it was more of a "get to know you" thing - but perhaps next time we'd be best to start the evening off on a naughty note so much as expect it to end on one. I'm thinking maybe a strip club and then once we get home truth or dare, round of "drink you under the table" strip poker, etc.

It was just so weird and awkard. And what really makes this whole thing strange is we find it EASIER to initiate when at an adult club, so maybe we should start the night of there instead?

I know this might sound dumb, but a good old fashioned game of "Spin the Bottle" or sometimes "Truth Or Dare" works!

Once things get rolling, we sometimes progress to that game I forogt what it is called- the one where you go in the closet for a certain amount of time with a partner. the other couple stays in the living room and is supposed to call out when "time's up" It is fun

Well, I have the sense of humor between us two so I usually try to start things. The first time we were with one couple, we told them we would bring the drinks and the ice. When they opened the door we tossed the bag of ice on the floor and said, "OK now the ice is broken." Sounds cheesy but it seemed to work. Then when he asked me if I wanted a refill on my drink after we had talked for a little bit I said yes. When he came to get my glass, I kept bringing it closer to me and then gave him the first kiss. He seemed to like this alot. Now when I was in a situation where I wasn't sure the man was attracted to me, we sat by each other and he slowly started rubbing my back and my arm. Then I knew it was fine. Sitting by each others spouses is always a good idea. It makes it easier to get things going.

Katie and Mark wisely wrote:

Sitting by each others spouses is always a good idea. It makes it easier to get things going.

It is customary in America, when two couples go out for dinner or drinks, for the husbands to sit next to each other and wives to do the same. This results in opposite spouses, the people who need to be touched, to be sitting directly across the table from each other. It adds to the tension and makes "breaking the ice" even harder.

So, when you go out to dinner with another couple, seat the men directly across the table from each other and the wives likewise. If the table has side-by-side seating, sit next to the other spouse. Do not sit on the same side of the table with your spouse.

During conversation, occasionally touching the opposite spouse's hand will make future touching easier. It's difficult to make the jump from being out of reach across the table to a kiss.

Single people have a definite "body language" progression leading up to that first kiss. A light touch of the hand is followed by hand-holding, followed by hand-holding with fingers interlaced, followed by an arm around the waist, followed by the kiss. If one leaves out any of these steps, he or she is deemed to be "going too fast."

We've also found a good ice-breaker is to switch spouses for the drive from the restaurant to the appropriate home, so "nobody gets lost." Watching Mrs. Alura and the other husband kissing at the stop light ahead of us has never failed to start the kissing for me and the other wife. Still, don't even think about starting the kissing without interlinking the fingers first!

Alura said:
We've also found a good ice-breaker is to switch spouses for the drive from the restaurant to the appropriate home, so "nobody gets lost." Watching Mrs. Alura and the other husband kissing at the stop light ahead of us has never failed to start the kissing for me and the other wife.

Dang, I'm just getting all kinds of good ideas for our "formerly known as a house party, now just a date" evening. Not that we need an icebreaker with our dates this evening, fortunately. We're meeting them at the adult toy store to do some shopping together (that list is getting longer and longer) and swapping for the ride home sounds like a lot of fun. You guys are the best, I tell ya!

:) we use the hot tub every one we meet with know that the tub is nude only. The reason for this if asked is that the clothing is to hard on the pump. Something about being naked in a spa just sets the mood. Then as others have stated we play spin the bottle, usually moving to truth or dare, mostly dare. This gets everyone going and the night usually ends up great.

Same here. We have a hot tub and it never fails to get things going. There's also games that you can get at Spencer's or some of the adult stores that will definitely ease you into a good night.

Pepper

Best icebreaker, that is our experience miniskirts not allowed to show in the public, dancing with the other partners, candlelight and condoms on the table.

Our first time we played with our friends we started playing a card game with the losers taking off an item of clothing, then it got really interesting when we girls decided to distract the boys it didnt take long before we were all in the bed! The next time we played it was really late when we got started and morning before we finished. We decided right then that the next time we would get to the :fun: faster.

When Bear and I first started hosting gatherings, I found the Sexplorations game a great ice breaker. (They just came out with a new interactive DVD that sounds like a blast.) With just another couple, if you are sure you want to play, don't sit next to your spouse. Now that we have a hot tub, that usually gets things going. No clothes in ours either. With some couples I just get up and say "Can we please have sex now?" That usually gets something going. -- Bunny

We know a couple who have been very close friends for a number of years. My wife thinks her husband is very attractive and she has often fantasized about something happening between them. His wife always dresses sexy for our evenings out together. For years our evenings would get spicy (talk and innuendo about sex, but nothing more). On our last visit, we took along a game called Titillation. It is very non-threatening (promising that players need not do anything they are not comfortable doing). Because of the way the game works, everyone participates on almost every roll of the dice. Accordingly, it kept us all engaged and sexual excited. Before long, we were all naked and giving each other messages and sitting on each other's laps. It proved to be a very non-threatening way to start the evening. Of course, a couple drinks didn't hurt either! facelick

If you bring people home or invite them over, a reasonably interesting method is to suggest a standing "clothes-off-at-the-door" house rule. The ice is broken instantly if they do it and I have found that many people are amused and even relieved by it. Their tension is broken at the doorstep.

In general, don't take too long to make the first move. The longer it goes, the harder it gets to initiate and everyone feels more uncomfortable than sexy. Too much time to doubt is going to be a party killer.

(ref: several swinging experiences with my first wife)

What about having a good porn flick in the dvd player and accidentally hitting the PLAY button at some point..... :)

We have been swinging for about a year now, and have played with about 15 or so couples (yes, we are sluts...lol). At first we had several dates that started ay 9pm and didn't end till 4am, mainly because the initial contact didn't start until 1 am...lol.

Now, we have gotten to a point where we are not really nervous about making the first move. If we are out somewhere with another couple, and looking to take it to a sexual level, Bob will usually initiate contact with the other woman (rubbing the back or arms, etc..) and if she is responsive, Tammy will usually say something to the man, like "You know, it's ok for you to touch me, too."

If we are at home, we usually like to talk a bit, and if we are all getting along, and everyone seems like-minded, we will just ask. "Joe, are you attracted to Tammy?", "Sally, are you attracted to both of us?" If the answers are YES, then we will say "Ok, so now that we know we are all attracted to each other, lets get naked and see what happens!"

The occasional, out of the blue, way too early in a conversation "Hey, ya wanna fuck or what?!?!?" question can be very funny and an interesting ice-breaker as well.

Gee....everyone else has given such great replies that I don't know what else I could add! :) What we do when we're entertaining and things are proceeding a little slow is I usually break out a game. First I'll put on some music, something we could dance to if the occasion called for it. Next I'll suggest cards or dice or a board game. However...each game has to have a sexual twist to it. Like strip poker or naughty dice (where there is an action like lick or suck and the other die has a body part). Or a few times I've grabbed the gal for a little "girl talk" and we'll go into the bedroom or bathroom and I'll start by saying how nervous I am but that we are attracted to them and how do you think we should proceed? That usually works and by the time we join the guys we're both laughing and a little more relaxed. A glass of wine (not too much tho) usually works to loosen everyone up also and some low lights. I agree that it can be nerve wracking having to make the first move...but perhaps a little sex talk can help also......like everyone gets a turn asking a sexually related question and a specific person has to answer......it usually ends up being an adult truth or dare thing. :)